- Strategic investor building new industry
- ICT Expert with impact
About Our Client
Our client is a global operating Investor investing in mid- to large-cap private and listed companies. For their expansion plan in Europe, we are searching for an Executive Director in Zurich to cover new investments in the Technology sector.
- Defining the investment strategy in the technology industry with a focus on Europe and North America:
- Structuring the industry and assessing business potential, profitability, and attractiveness of the various sub-segments;
- Conducting detailed deep-dive assessments of prioritised sub-segments;
- Analysis of specific trends and industry characteristics as well as the identification and initial assessment of potential target companies.
- Deal origination, due diligence and potential sourcing of new investments in the technology field:
- Identifying potential targets, driving the initial vetting on potential investments and conducting due diligence if applicable;
- Monitoring new investment transactions from structuring till closing
- Operational assessment of companies as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Participating in the technology- and IT-related post-investment management projects:
- Monitoring of portfolio companies and manage the business plan;
- Independently monitor and evaluate operations based on the analysis of data indicators, and can mobilize internal and external resources to adjust and correct deviations; control abnormal risk points and provide solutions;
- Lead the team to complete the continuous optimization of the program;
- Interacting with business managers more efficiently and find out the most essential motivation behind the problems faced; drive and lead the implementation of major changes in the Portfolio Company, and influence the planning or business direction of the portfolio company;
- Drive the macro direction, such as good at introducing strategic investment, business turnaround, capital and resource matching, etc;
- Promptly provide adjustment solutions to companies in difficult situations, understand the immediate needs and find right solutions in time;
- Input into decisions on investment management plans for portfolio companies.
- Lead, coordinate and negotiation with the different stakeholders of the projects.
- Direct reporting to the Managing Director.
The Successful Applicant
- Master's degree in computer science or Engineering and an MBA or CFA is a plus;
- 15+ years' of experience in the Investment Industry with a track record in the ICT sector working for a Private Equity company, Bank or in-house Corporate Finance related function with a focus on technology;
- Very strong understanding of both technical and business aspects, as well as the ability to understand market developments and opportunities from a macroeconomic perspective, including the development of upstream and downstream enterprises and related industries;
- Executive management experience in the technology industry and act as a counterpart for the leadership of new invested tech companies;
- Experience in strategic and growth investment projects;
- Very strong presentation and negotiations skills;
- Hands-on, self-starter with a pragmatic approach and the ability to do things by him/herself, autonomous;
- Domestic and international travel within Europe involved (20%);
- Full professional fluency in English, and other European languages would be an asset;
What's on Offer
Interesting expert development potential for a global investor