Experienced Financial Controller - Family office
International and multicultural environment
Challenge and exposure
About Our Client
Our client is a single family office currently strengthening its operations and global finance strategy in Luxembourg.
In that context, they are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join their team.
As an experienced Financial Controller, your main responsibilities will be:
* Supervise preparation of financial statements of assigned entities (Luxembourg and other jurisdictions) and lead the audit process in LuxGAAP and IFRS as well as the relationship with external service providers when applicable ;
* Lead financial & administrative management of some group companies outside Luxembourg (Tax, Accounting, Banks, Audit, management of external providers);
* Lead budgeting process within the Group;
* Monitor unlisted private assets within the Group (Monitoring and measurement of the performance of alternative investment funds and investments; Relationship with Asset Managers; Revisit of group valuation methodology and draft of quarterly and annual valuation Memo);
* Actively provide support to business transactions carried out within the Group including but not limited to financial analysis, performance reporting, tax structuring and cash-flow analysis;
* Support monthly management reporting process and actively contribute to continually improve the Company management reporting process;
* Elaboration and maintenance of a reporting on performance measurement of investments;
* Participate to Internal advisory projects (internal process Reengineering, Elaboration of operational Risk Matrix, Design and set-up of internal controls, performance measurement);
* Act as Internal Controller and Risk Manager for the group (Monitoring key identified financial, compliance & operational risks and maintenance of Risk Matrix; Participation to elaboration of annual internal control monitoring plan; Draft of Risk report for audit committee);
* Act as back-up of the Treasury & Reporting Manager.
The Successful Applicant
* At least 8 years of experience as Financial Controller or Internal Auditor ideally in-house in a Family Office or in a private equity house or hedge fund or you work as Manager/Senior Manager in the Audit or Advisory practise of a Big Four ;
* You have a solid financial and academic background in audit, financial analysis and financial management (ACCA/ACA, CPA, CIMA, CIA, CFA or equivalent qualification is considered as an asset);
* Strong Knowledge in Lux GAAP and IFRS and a good knowledge of Luxembourg regulatory environment (experience in US GAAP and Swiss GAAP is not mandatory but will be considered as a plus);
* Strong knowledge of financial instruments and derivates (Swaps, TRS, options) and/or in alternative investments (PE & RE) is a plus;
* Experience in cash management would be a plus;
* Ideally you would have already been involved in Business Process Reengineering projects and have experience in Risk Management;
* You are a team player, and passionate by financial markets, you pay attention to details and have strong analytical skills;
* You are fluent in English. Any other languages will be considered as an asset;
* Self-starter in a small team, work independently and drive delivery focus;
* Hands-on attitude is a must;
* Strong communication, intercultural and people management skills;
* Strong writing skills to draft accounting positions papers and presentations to management;
* Next step in career; looking for an opportunity for career growth;
* An attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work individually to deliver to deadlines;
* You are a fast learner, flexible and eager to learn new things.
What's on Offer
Challenging role, exposure and responsibilities.