Export Manager - South East Asia
FMCG Sales Candidate - Mandarin speaker
Export Sales Experience
About Our Client
Fish4Pets™ is an independent premium pet-food manufacturer and brand holder based in rural Worcestershire in England. My client's principle brands are Fish4Dogs® and Fish4Cats® and they have subsidiaries in Benelux, Norway and the USA.
My client has global experience in sourcing, manufacture, production, sales and export.
Our clients UK and international sales and distribution network covers 34 countries around the world, working in partnership with a network of international distributors, each with exclusive rights within their territory.
The company was awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise for International Trade in April 2017.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed annual sales targets delivered through regional distributors and their retail and consumer clients.
- Build trusting and productive business relationships with key distributors, deliver product-specific sales training, make accompanied customer calls with distributor sales staff, and attend exhibitions & events in association with relevant staff in distributor's businesses
- In association with the Customer Service Director, you will support, monitor, and guide the work of the UK based Key Account Customer Service Manager, to ensure a timely and appropriate flow of information between the business and its distributors and throughout the UK business.
- Working with the Customer Service and Finance departments and the relevant staff in the distributor's businesses, you will maintain accurate forecasts of demand across all product categories and for all customers. This process will enable production planning and increase the visibility of future sales performance against the annual plan.
Supply Chain Optimisation
- Working with the Customer Service and Operations departments you will ensure that forecasts cascade into definitive customer orders and see that these are agreed in sufficient time to enable production, packing and delivery in a timely manner.
- Working with the Finance department you will ensure that payment schedules are clearly communicated and understood; that any variances, to either standard or contracted terms and conditions, are negotiated and agreed in their entirety and in advance, and that these are-adhered to in-full, at all times.
NPD & EPD
- Working with the Global Product & Supply department and the relevant staff in the distributor's businesses you will participate fully in the process of New and Existing Product Development. You will gather market data, understand trends, identify and exploit new market developments, network widely and work collaboratively to bring profitable products to market.
The Successful Applicant
- Natural leader with an ability to inspire performance within distributor's sales teams
- Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to key account management
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Strong analytical ability
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maintaining close, trusting relationships with key accounts, line reports, head office staff and the Operations Board
- Good mentor and coach
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills
- You MUST speak Mandarin
What's on Offer
Competitive package, rewarding culture and fantastic high growth product category