- An exciting new opportunity within the Sheffield area for Shipping Managers
- A background in in-house freight movements across air & sea!
About Our Client
The successful candidate will be joining a global industrial organisation, shipping export goods across the globe. My client are a market leader in their chosen sector and have numerous key accounts across the pharma and FMCG sectors. Their operation is located in Leeds.
On a daily basis the Export Shipping Manager will report into the UK Head of Operations and cover the following areas of responsibility:
- Managing a team of three experienced Export Shipping Executives & Forwarders, responsible for shipping to numerous key global accounts.
- Managing all shipping of export based products from the UK, Latin American and Far East. This involves monitoring, negotiating and pricing with a variety of freight forwarders and freight partners.
- Responsible for all customs compliance - Certificates of Origin, Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists.
- Providing basic HR functions of your team - such as training, development, appraisals, 1-to-1's.
- Providing a high level of customer service and with your team - including customer updates and monitoring KPI's
- Managing key account management with high profile spend customers (in excess of £1million per annum)
The Successful Applicant
The successful Export Shipping Manager will been an experienced member of the shipping and distribution sector. They will either by working in-house for a distributor / manufacturer or be leading a team in the freight forwarding / shipping world. You will also have the following skills & attributes:
- 4+ year's experience within Import / Export / Shipping / Freight
- Experienced in leading export related teams
- Experienced in export operations ideally to the Far East, Africa, USA
- Strong background in multi-modal forwarding (preference towards sea and air freight)
- Strong knowledge of customs compliance (Letter of Credit, HAWB, MAWB, Bills of Laden, Chamber of Commerce Documentation)
- Ideally degree educated (BA / BSc / BEng)
- Commutable to to the Leeds area.
What's on Offer
- £35,000-£43,000 - basic salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Company Car Potential
- 8% matched pension allowance
- Private healthcare
- Comprehensive financial benefits package