External Affairs Officer (6mth FTC)
External Affairs Officer
public affairs and government relations
About Our Client
A non-departmental public body
- Support the External Affairs Team in implementing a proactive, coordinated external affairs engagement programme
- Influencing partners and stakeholders to ensure successful implementation and delivery of priorities.
- Keep up to date with and communicate messaging around key projects to stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Provide timely insight into and analysis of government, ministerial and any parliamentary activity related to the organisation's work and recommend approaches to handling.
- Assist in identifying opportunities to promote key projects with Parliamentarians, stakeholders and within the media.
- Build relationships with Parliamentarians, government departments, local government, other organisations in the sector and colleagues
- Use expert knowledge of the political landscape and innovative thinking to identify potential new stakeholders to engage.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in public affairs and government relations
- Excellent writing skills
- Proactive nature and ability to hit the ground running
- Experience of working with national or local government
- Understanding of the UK political system, procedures and processes
- Experience of public affairs
- Ability to manage and prioritise competing workflows in an unpredictable environment
- Proven ability to analyse complex data, simplify the material into a form intelligible to a non-specialist audience and construct a compelling argument appropriate to the desired audience
What's on Offer
6mth FTC £30,000 (pro-rata)