- A brand new, stand-alone role within a wonderful charity
- Take full ownership over the role and make it your own
About Our Client
My client is a wonderful charity, with a strong team of purpose driven and ambitious employees. This brand new role to the business is an exciting new role which will enable the charity to adapt and build on the excellent information resources. My client offers flexible working, working from home and offers a fully inclusive, friendly, caring and passionate working culture.
The role of Copywritier and External Communications Manager will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Ensure policies and procedures for information development and review are in place and follow current best practice.
* Drawing on the specific experience and expertise within the Clinical and Communications teams, manage the development and maintenance of a portfolio of information products and resources.
* Adapt and optimise existing information resources to increase reach and accessibility (including a focus on diversity and accessible formats).
* Lead on effective monitoring and evaluation - ensuring we are on track to deliver against KPIs, can demonstrate impact and are responding to the needs of people affected.
* Edit and adapt written copy from the Clinical Advisor, Specialist Nurses and wider Clinical team prior to publication and dissemination.
* Work with the Clinical and Communications teams to develop and manage health information on the website, utilising best practice for copy writing and user experience.
* Support the development and publication of HCP guidance and documents.
* Co-ordinate the review and development of existing online, print, and video information for people with or at risk of osteoporosis and fractures and their families.
* Working with the Specialist Nurse and Communication teams, coordinate content production and maintenance to agreed schedules and deadlines.
* Follow in-house production processes, recognised quality guidelines and using content design principles.
* Manage fulfilment of print resources and manage the relationship with our fulfilment company.
* Act as the key contact for external organisations that use information about the charity (for example, on their websites) - ensuring this information is kept up to date and maintained.
* Plan and co-ordinate research into the needs of the charity's target audiences to inform the development of new and existing information materials.
* Support dissemination and promotion of information and resources.
* Uphold the charity's brand and work to our style guide to make sure that our voice, tone and style is consistent.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Copywriter and Communications Manager will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience of developing and maintaining a portfolio of accessible information resources
- Proven experience of working effectively across teams and functions - ensuring health information integrity and credibility are maintained while adapting content for different audiences, formats and communication channels
- Working with a structured content development and review process, such as the PIF TICK / The Information Standard
- Background within either not for profit or charity sector - essential
- Project and budget management experience - beneficial
- A track record of writing and editing health information for the public would be desired
- Proven experience of using content management systems to upload and edit informative and engaging content
- Working with health and social care professionals, other subject matter experts and lay audiences to develop content
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work within a stand alone role
- Strong organisational skills to prioritise tasks, manage individual projects, and deliver projects to deadlines
What's on Offer
- Full time
- Flexible working
- Blended approach to home/office based working
- Wonderful progression opportunities
- Brand new role to make your own
- Great range of benefits