To work for a leading independent property consultancy in the UK
A company that comprises a global network of over 200 offices
About Our Client
A leading independent property consultancy in the UK offering agency and professional advice across Commercial, Residential and Rural sectors.
Established over 100 years with a global network of over 200 offices.
Implementing Property and Facilities Management services across a national portfolio of Residential and Commercial properties.
- Management and on-going monitoring of all Hard and Soft services delivered on site to ensure effective delivery. Establishing planned preventative maintenance programmes where none exist.
- Undertake regular contract meetings with suppliers including a formal assessment of performance, competence and compliance through a performance management system (KPI's)
- To manage the procurement and placement of goods and services in line with the departmental/ site procedures using purchase order and contract templates as appropriate.
- Invoice validation for services provided and works completed as well as monitoring on-going expenditure and ensuring the Management Team are made aware of any significant variances.
- To manage and identify and collate requests for minor works on site and subsequently manage the implementation and completion of works to the highest standards and best value.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental management systems are in place and maintained and that issues identified or reported are managed in line with departmental procedures.
- Assist the Management Team in the production and on-going management of Service Charge budgets for all sites
- To ensure any service/ maintenance issues receive prompt attention and are resolved within acceptable time parameters and all interested parties are kept fully advised.
- To ensure any works carried out at the property, whether by Occupier or Landlord, are undertaken with the correct health and safety arrangements in place, permits to work etc.
- Liaison with Occupiers, on-site staff and service providers as necessary for effective running of the building
- To achieve and maintain the departments OHSAS 18001 objectives for health and safety management and performance.
- To assist with covering planned and unplanned absences of the Management Team.
- To be the first point of contact for all Occupiers and relevant subordinate staff, and to resolve disputes and issues in a calm and professional manner.
The Successful Applicant
- Have the necessary skills and qualifications to provide the effective and efficient delivery of Facilities Management, Services and Projects
- IOSH Managing Safely qualified essential
- Membership of BIFM
- Ability to communicate at all levels in a professional and supportive manner
- A flexible, adaptable and a co-operative attitude
- A self-starter with a good degree of initiative and self-motivation who can deliver effective work without the need for close management
- An interest in the business and development of the Commercial division within the Property teams
- Good management skills and the ability to motivate and drive staff to meet the highest possible standards
- Good standard of English grammar, spelling and take pride in presentation of work and self.
- At least 5 years' experience in Facilities Management with a full understanding of Managing Agent responsibilities (essential)
- Experience of providing FM services across a diverse portfolio.
- A good working knowledge of the relationship between Landlord and Tenant as it relates to commercial property.
- Knowledge and experience of managing a variety of Health and Safety and related issues
- Strong contract management skills with experience of a formal performance management system (ideal)
- Sound knowledge and experience of all soft services aspects of Facilities Management
- An understanding of Hard services in the Facilities environment and the ability to articulate an issue in simple and accurate terms
- Awareness training in Fire Risk Assessment, Asbestos Awareness, Water Hygiene management
- To have directly managed a team and can demonstrate the ability to carry out appraisals and other direct management activities
What's on Offer
Attractive Salary, Holiday entitlement, Pension scheme and career progression opportunities