Far East Buyer
Partner with the best global suppliers in this strategic FMCG Buying role
FMCG manufacturing retail business in an exciting period of transformation
About Our Client
My client are the market-leader within their industry and have some ambitious plans to grow over the next three years, both UK wide and also on an international scale, supplying primarily into Retail inc. Supermarkets. There has never been a better time to join my client as they embark on an exciting journey of growth, working with market leading partners and building on 6 years of consecutive of success.
They are passionate about their product, customers and what we do, and want people with the same passion to join their team.
As Far East Buyer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- To promote best practice and working relations with internal stakeholders, Inc. supply chain and product portfolio teams
- To provide the link between the Supply Chain and Product Portfolio Teams
- To enhance Far East supplier relationships and to assess current supplier base and propose/negotiate improvements
- Review current sourcing methods and suppliers to ensure value for money and ethical sourcing
- Ensure business risk is minimised through regular supplier assessment and robust contracts
- Create strong supplier relationships, market-leading innovation plans and be an 'Industry Expert' for the defined category
- Ensure good exit plan for discontinued stock
- Support Head Of Procurement to build 'Best in Class' environment
Improve overall company gross margin across defined Category, Projects and GNFR
- Overall accountability for a category spend of c. £14m
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Far East Buyer role based in the Nottingham area, will have strong Buying/Procurement experience within an FMCG/Retail environment and a proven track record of over achievement. You will ideally have experience of Far East sourcing and experience of managing your own category end-to-end.
You will have global sourcing experience, highly developed influencing and negotiation techniques and be successful in developing healthy long-term supplier relationships.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for the role of Far East Buyer will be offered c. £35,000 - £47,000 plus a competitive package.