Field Controls Engineer
World's largest providers of advanced coatings, repairs and parts for turbines
Innovative solutions designed to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses
About Our Client
A Global integrated solutions provider - for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies - that delivers innovative solutions designed to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines.
Field Controls Engineer will be required to work safely and in accordance with all company Health, Safety and Environmental rules and recommendations, be proactive in maintaining a safe working environment and comply with customer site rules
* To attend toolbox talk at start of shift.
* Undertake Instrumentation & Controls tasks as directed by shift supervisor in a safe manner.
* Complete relevant QA documentation and procedures where applicable.
* Troubleshoot customer GT operational problems onsite/by phone/by e-mail.
* Start-up GT after Overhaul and troubleshoot operational problems.
* Fault find and trouble shoot electrical/electronic/instrument/hydraulic/DLN problems on all Gas Turbine systems.
* Calibrate and test Gas Valves Liquid fuel valves, IGV's, pressure switches, temperature sensors and thermocouples, speed, volume and measurement devices.
* Conduct electrical and software modifications, circuit amendments, instrument
change outs, component upgrades and mark-up drawings to as built standard and backup site software for company records.
* Develop and write reports in relation to work completed and report/discuss
defects to engineering department and relevant contract manager.
* Liaise with all departments to maximise levels of service to the customer.
* Provide technical support to Customer as required (outside field service
* Continually look for ways to improve the service to the customer
The Successful Applicant
Clear and effective communicator - including technical material
Interpersonal savvy (build constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact)
Work with minimal supervision
- * Formal recognized apprenticeship or education to HND level
- * Minimum of 5 years of controls & instrumentation experience working with heavy frame GE gas turbines
- * Must have extensive experience with GE Speedtronics Controls Systems, particularly MkII to MKVIe
- * IT literate
- * Proficient with MS office products
What's on Offer
Excellent Salary, Benefits