Field Service Engineer (Engines)
One of the UK's top recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies
At the forefront of the UK's green economy
About Our Client
- My client is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies.
- They put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
- This is an exciting time to work with them.
- They are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver their vision.
- Bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
- Based near Canterbury in Kent
The Field Service Engineer's Responsibilities:
- To complete all unscheduled maintenance and operation of the LFE assets as directed by the asset optimisation team, to the standard set and agreed by the engineering and maintenance team. These assets include but are not limited to; spark and compression ignition internal combustion engines, gas turbines, PV, LFG flares/gas plants, gas holders, compressors, and all electrical and mechanical ancillary equipment.
- Maintenance of engines
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance as and when required, as directed by the asset optimisation team.
- Be part of an on call rota to provide out of hours assistance to respond to unscheduled breakdowns of the LFE assets as directed by the Asset Analysts. This will include evenings and weekends.
- Provide reactive fault-finding and troubleshooting skills to the LFE assets.
- Maintain and maximise operational efficiency of all LFE assets.
- Carry out high level fault diagnosis, reporting and rectifying as required.
- Be creative in problem solving and use initiative whilst maintaining exchange of information between the Engineering, Operations and Asset Optimisation team.
- Ensure all reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is effective and accurately completed after each task.
- Assist in the development and implementation of maintenance routines, procedures and best practice.
- To assist the Landfill Energy Engineering, Operational & Technical teams as required.
- Responsible for the upkeep of all personal tools and equipment and ensure van stock levels, spare parts and consumables are maintained.
- To ensure that all maintenance activities are performed in an accurate and efficient manner.
- To maintain accurate records of all tasks and work in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To remain accommodating as the business changes and develops to meet business objectives.
- General administration duties.
The Successful Applicant
- Planned preventative maintenance of large reciprocating Powergen assets.
- Practical knowledge of engine, plant process maintenance and diagnostics.
- Electrical and electronic knowledge in low voltage systems
- Self-motivated with ability to work to deadlines
- Tactful, strong and resilient in demanding situations
- Interpersonal and relationship skills. SE4: Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Confidentiality of information.
- Well organised and logical thinker
- Practical and innovative engineering and maintenance skills.
- Basic ICT literacy inc CMMS and Office
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Qualified by Exp. (to relevant level).
- City & Guilds (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering.
- Continual Professional Development in relevant field.
- Full driving licence.
- Minimum Engineering Technician Tier 3.
What's on Offer
- £30,000 - £39,000
- Commutable distance from Kent and SE London
- Company benefits