- Do you want to work for the UK's largest publisher?
- Are you looking for an exciting, but challenging role?
About Our Client
My client is the UK's largest news publisher.
They are the home of award-winning content, campaigns and people. Their titles are trusted sources for news, entertainment and sport and they play a central role in the nation's everyday lives through newspapers, magazines, online and mobile, connecting 120+ brands with audiences both locally and nationally!
From the Board to every member of staff across the business, there is a pride in what they do and what they stand for.
In the ever changing media environment my client is always looking at new opportunities to improve their brands and get their message out.
As the landscape continues to evolve it is an exciting time to be a part of their team!
My client is looking for a candidate who will support their senior stakeholders in the understanding of key business performance measures, what influences them, and the actions that can be undertaken within the business to deliver upon commitments within business plans/budgets.
This is an exciting, but challenging, home based role.
- You will provide monthly reporting including executive summaries and detailed reviews of editorial costs to key stakeholders
- You will be closely monitoring and reporting of business case delivery
- You will develop a deep understanding of cost base in order to provide insight on cost movements
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company's actual performance compared to the business plans
- You will be liaising with budget holders on revenue (where appropriate) and cost in order to facilitate delivery of submitted budgets
- You will have an involvement in annual budget processes and bi-annual reforecast process
- You will be responsible for the compliance of my clients internal and external policies and processes, including assisting with audits
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
The Successful Applicant
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant
- Previous experience in a commercial finance support role
- Strong system skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to demanding deadlines
- Self-starter capable of working autonomously and setting own priorities
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to hit demanding deadlines
What's on Offer
- Salary - £50,000 - £55,000 experience dependant
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- High-street discount scheme
Please note, this role is fully remote.