- Are you a driven accounts assistant looking for a new challenge?
- Do you want to work for a LG a global brand leader?
About Our Client
At LG, we deliver products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make "Life Good" - from home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
We strongly believe that our people's competitive spirit, proactive leadership, and expertise helps drive the company forward. As such, LG is the right place for you if:
You are a smart cookie. You like to dig into the data and find creative solutions.
You are motivated and driven. You thrive on a challenge and want to be No. 1.
You are a people person. You like helping people out and you want to understand where they're coming from.
You're honest and you will speak up (politely, of course!), but you do it because you care and because it's the right thing to do.
As a Finance & Accounting Assistant manager, you will be involved in a wide array of accounting tasks, from report preparation to payments review, bank statement reconciliation and cash flow forecasting.
- Ensures a swift and accurate closing on a monthly basis to guarantee that reporting is produced in a timely manner
- Provides adequate and concise management account reports as requested by HQ and LGEUK Management Team
- CFO's cost reduction project coordination
- Assists in monthly reporting and periodical accounts analysis
- WEEE management support
- AP Invoices processing: validating and processing invoices, ensuring they have been properly authorized and coded before entry.
- Assisting employee expense checking
- New suppliers set up whilst following internal guidelines.
- Managing employees corporate card
- Co-ordination and management of Quarterly and year-end audit, main point of contact for external auditors
- Payments review for mass payment, DD and same day wire payments
- Liaises with other departments to get month end accruals with supporting documents
- Assists in month end closing by preparing month end journals and accruals
- Generates various inventory reports for the month end, analyses the variance and shares with relevant departments
- Archives month end journals with documentary evidence
- Participates in physical count of inventories and fixed assets
- Produce weekly report for the team
The Successful Applicant
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role within a fast-paced business environment is essential. The candidate must also be AAT/ACCA/CIMA/ACA part/fully qualified or have equivalent qualification.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages with intermediate to advanced Excel skills. Experience of Oracle based system is an advantage
- Highly numerate, analytical, highly organized and with an excellent eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Pro-active and confident liaising with both colleagues internally and externally
What's on Offer
- 9% Employer Contribution into your Pension
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare (including optical & dental) for you and your family
- 25 Days' Annual Leave (+ Public Holidays)
- Staff Discount
- Subsidised Cafeteria