Finance and Commercial Director
Commercially focussed role in a business that wants you to make an impact
Opportunity to work in a business looking to improve and grow
About Our Client
Spooner Industries are a long standing privately owned business that have just celebrated their 85th Anniversary.
From their purpose built head office in Ilkley they supply industrial ovens, dryers and coolers to businesses around the world for processes including baking bread, converting non-woven materials, drying coated paper and curing painted metal strip.
The business is well know in its industry for having a passion for innovation and this is in evidence with the continuous research and development of new products in the pilot facility within the new factory.
With Spooner's operations becoming more complex and spread in nature both in size and geographically, a Finance and Commercial Director is required to play a key role in maximising the long term profitability of the business.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Active input to the setting of company strategy, direction and its business plan.
- Advise the Board on financial implications of their plans for growth and development and company performance metrics.
- Analysis and forecasting of performance- Identifying key factors influencing business performance and developing measures and initiatives to help drive improvement.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing Director in commercial negotiations with customers.
- Advise the Managing Director and Sales and Marketing Director on costing and pricing.
- Make sure that the commercial terms and conditions of all contracts are clear and that risks are managed.
Ensure an effective structure and high performing people are in place to handle all financial operations, including:
- Month end reports to the Board
- Payroll and personnel financials
- Smooth and correct invoicing and supplier payment
- Export administration to ensure it is accurate and complete
- Company Secretarial duties
The Successful Applicant
For a role of such importance as Finance and Commercial Director, it is reserved for ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified accountants ideally with the relevant background to have:
- Excellent commercial and business experience in a technical/engineering/manufacturing company.
- Strong commercial experience, knowledgeable in contract design, exporting, insurance, payment mechanisms.
- Costing and pricing in a project based goods business.
As well as having the required financial and commercial experience to be successful in the role you will also crucially have the right personality and characteristics. You will be able to demonstrate a track record of the following:
- An enquiring mind and a passion for excellence.
- A strong relationship builder both internally with key colleagues and externally with customers and suppliers.
- Being 'hands-on' and engaged in how you work across the business to help deliver profitable growth.
- An ability to be innovative in finding solutions to problems and able to explain them in a clear and evidenced way.
What's on Offer
Excellent Package to attract the best