Finance and Operations Manager
Finance and Operations Manager required for a Life Sciences VC firm
Botique firm with a dedicated team require a hands on orientated professional
About Our Client
Our client is focused on on Life Sciences venture capital and public fund management, with seven funds under advisory or management agreements with capital of £2 Billion.
The firm have over 40 people based in the UK and the US investing in life sciences venture capital and in listed biotechnology companies.
The Finance and Operations Manager based in London will have the following responsibilities:
- You will report to the Finance Director and the lead fund manager
- You will work closely with the two fund managers to ensure that their dealing is transacted crisply and questions on the portfolio are answered promptly
You will get involved in almost every aspect of the business by working closely with the Board, the auditors, the UK Finance Partner, the UK finance team and the rest of the finance team in the USA.
- Attend board meetings and interact with the Board and the company secretary
- Work with and oversee as the AIFM outsourced providers
- Dealing oversight
- Valuations and modelling
- Preparation of board papers and reports
- Purchase ledger
- Stock exchange announcements
- Writing and coordinating all aspects of the Annual and Half Year reports
- IBT Website management
- Review and approval of investor presentations
- Selected projects for the IBT Board and team
- Review of competitors
- Support for the UK based deal team; reviewing and signing legal documents relating to investments and divestments, Cap Tables, compliance, checklists and CDA's
- Work with the US Finance team on a variety of projects
- Anti-money laundering checks
- Fund raising and due diligence support
- This is a small business so you will need to be prepared to do anything from changing light bulbs to presenting to the Boards of our companies or completing a $20m fund raising
The Successful Applicant
The Finance and Operations Manager based in London will have had the following exposure:
- ACA qualified
- You will need to be numerate, literate (e.g. writing the Chairman's Statement and Manager's Review of the Annual report), flexible, strict attention to detail and accuracy, and a good communicator (with tact and humour) to do this role well.
- Priorities are constantly changing as things happen in the portfolios of our various funds and within the business - so taking on one-off urgent projects needs to be balanced with delivering on our regular work load and deadlines.
What's on Offer
Strong salary and bonus prospects as well as working in a dedicated and committed team