Finance Business Controller
An exciting opportunity to join a growing business based in Wincanton
Would suit a hands-on commercial finance leader with a strong business acumen
About Our Client
The AL-KO KOBER GROUP is one of the global players among the German medium-sized companies with its business divisions "Gardentech", "Air Technology" and "Automotive". With a total of 50 sites and over 4,200 employees, it is one of the world's leading producers of vehicle technology, garden tools and air technology.
For more than 40 years, AL-KO Gardentech have been developing and designing innovative garden tools for an extremely wide range of requirements and applications. Not only do their tools reflect their many years of expertise in technology and function, they also set new standards in terms of design.
AL-KO recently invested in Rochford Garden Machinery based in Wincanton, to add to their UK presence. Rochford, based in Wincanton, England, is one of UK´s leading Garden Machinery suppliers in the fields of import and sales for both domestic and commercial garden machinery. The family run business founded in 1976 in Bruton, Somerset, has been importer of AL-KO products for almost 15 years.
Rochford will now be able to continue its development under the modern entrepreneurial AL-KO KOBER GROUP and to provide customers with first-class and innovative products as well as service and support.
Due to the recent changes, AL-KO Gardentech are looking for a strong Finance Business Controller to lead the finance team and assist the business in this new exciting phase.
Reporting into the Managing Director UK, the Finance Business Controller will be a key business partner assisting and driving the business strategy from a financial point of view, as well leading the implementation of new processes and systems and ensuring a timely month end close.
- Leadership of the finance function, providing strong financial control and analysis of business performance;
- Working closely with the Managing Director on the long and medium term plans and business strategy;
- Support the other business units with reporting and analysis to drive improvements and efficiencies;
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts on an annual, quarterly and monthly basis;
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly accounts for the German Head office;
- Assist in the development of new reporting formats (targeting tools), routines and procedures;
- Ensuring the business is in line with compliance rules and regulations;
- Acting as the key point of contact for the external Auditors;
- Provide adhoc analysis when required.
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience with complex financial analysis and business controlling from a small to medium-sized enterprises;
- The ability to work across multiple divisions and act as a sparring partner for the Managing Director;
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified with significant post qualification experience in a similar position;
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem solving skills, combined with impeccable business judgement;
- Good Understanding of value levers and company processes;
- Excellent organisational and managerial skills with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy;
- Knowledge of local GAAP and IFRS;
- The ability to handle simultaneous deadlines and tasks;
- A hands on attitude, with the willingness to "roll up your sleeves" when required;
- A strong background in implementing systems and process, ideally MS Dynamics;
- IT literate with advanced excel;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Experience in FMCG or retail/wholesale would be an advantage;
- German language desirable.
What's on Offer