Finance Business Partner - Manufacturing
great growing international business
commutable from cardiff and Bristol
About Our Client
My client is a well known large international manufacturer
The Finance Business Partner is a key player in the sucess of this organisation. The FBP will provide finance and business partnering support for projects and the procurement division. The role will also provide support for the corporate functions including IT, HR, Sales & Marketing.
Key responsibilities will include;
- For all business areas of responsibility provide month end accounting (inc posting month end journals) and reporting of financial performance providing analysis, understanding on variances and advice on corrective actions that could drive improvements.
- Facilitate and ensure robust inputs from business areas for forecasts, budgets and the MTP (Mid Term Plan)
- Working closely with the Finance Manager the Management Accountant and the Project Managers and Directors, to provide financial support for robust EAC reviews identifying if corrective action is required. Perform impairment reviews and reporting in accordance with internal reporting requirements.
- Act as finance support (including financial modelling) for new business bids to ensure robust and credible financial assessment of all bid proposals.
- Provide monthly analysis and forecasts of cost saving initiatives (cost reductions & rebates etc) for the Purchasing business area, including validation of claimed savings.
- Monthly review & analysis of PPV accounting entries; to include review of the annual standard cost update and impact assessment v's prior year standards.
- Promote increased financial understanding and awareness in business areas, working with the Finance team and business to develop informative and value add KPI reporting.
- Ensure adequate financial controls are in place and maintained and act as the conscience of the business ensuring that general controls and processes are adhered to in business areas in line with best practice.
- Provide finance support for projects within the relevant business areas as required, including the development of finance reporting systems.
- Deputise for the Finance Manager as and when required.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant
Experience - Essential
- Good understanding of discounted cash flow modelling and financial assessment of different business options.
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office packages, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Month end accounting, reporting and forecasting support in a cross functional environment within Industry
- Working within a fast paced UK Plc. Environment
Skills. Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Building relationships with and managing internal customers and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and Structured approach to work with the ability to prioritise
- Strong attention to detail - role will prepare reports to be presented to senior Executives
- Analytical mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Team player
What's on Offer
A salary in the range of £41,000 - £46,000
Pension up to 8% matched
25 days annual leave + stat holidays
half day on a Friday!!