Finance Business Partner
Opportunity for an experienced Qualified Accountant to advance in their career
Exciting opportunity within a forward-thinking and dynamic organisation
About Our Client
Due to growth Michael Page are pleased to be working with a fast pace growing SME based outside Peterborough they are looking for a commercially minded Finance Business Partner for their team.
- Ensuring accurate and timely financial management information is prepared for up-line review
- Work in close partnership with the wider commercial team prepare analysis and provide recommendations
- Independently conduct monthly review meetings with budget holders and to act as a key point of contact to support the budget holders with commercial business proposals
- Provide analyst and insight short and long term for central finance team.
- Monthly presentation of financial performance, including understanding financial opportunities and risk.
- Build strong relations and provide financial support to commercial decision making.
- Challenge business managers to ensure that all concepts have been properly considered before presenting to the business.
- Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiency and cost savings wherever possible.
Review of monthly commitments and preparation of monthly accruals and prepayment reconciliations including timely follow up on any queries.
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to the non-finance members.
The Successful Applicant
The Finance Business Partner must:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Advanced experience with Microsoft office
- Possess excellent accounting skills, diligent and accurate
- Be analytical with good attention to detail
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate key financial information to non finance stakeholders
- Have working knowledge of financial reporting standards
What's on Offer
Highly competitive salary and benefits package.