Finance Business Partner
Exciting opportunity to join a manufacturing business near Plymouth
Will suit a commercially-minded, qualified accountant
About Our Client
Michael Page are pleased to be working with a manufacturing company in Plymouth to recruit a Finance Business Partner into their team.
- Ensuring accurate and timely financial management information is prepared for up-line review
- Work in close partnership with the individual budget holders and the consolidation team to provide accurate, timely and comprehensive annual budgets
- Independently conduct monthly review meetings with budget holders and to act as a key point of contact to support the budget holders with commercial business, capital and investment proposals.
- Monthly presentation of financial performance, including understanding financial opportunities and risk.
- Build strong relations and provide financial support to commercial decision making.
- Challenge business managers to ensure that all concepts have been properly considered before presenting to the business.
- Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible.
- Review of monthly commitments and preparation of monthly accruals and prepayment reconciliations including timely follow up on any queries.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to the non-finance members.
The Successful Applicant
The Finance Business Partner must:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Possess excellent accounting skills, diligent and accurate
- Be analytical with good attention to detail
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate key financial information to non-finance stakeholders
- Have working knowledge of financial reporting standards
What's on Offer
Highly competitive salary package.