Finance Business Partner
An impactful role where the succesful candidate can shape strategy in the Trust.
A commercially focused role focused on interfacing finance and operations.
About Our Client
Michael Page are pleased to be partnering with East Midlands Academy Trust (EMAT) for their recruitment of an exceptional Finance Business Partner. They are an excelling Multi-Academy Trust in the region who have put tremendous sustained resource into growing and developing their institutions along with their core services.
They were established in 2012 and now reach a total of seven schools across Milton Keynes and Northamptonshire. Their driving force is unifying behind a view that every child has a right to outstanding leadership and teaching. EMAT's mission is to sustain it's high degree of support and challenge to their pupils as well as be a first choice education provider in every community they are a member of.
The Education and Training sector has undergone significant reform in the last ten years and it is organisations such as EMAT that have the ambition and determination to further increase the reach of it's proven formula to produce schools with cutting-edge innovative technology.
The purpose of the role is as follows:
- To ensure the monthly accounts are produced on a timely and accurate, and that income and expenditure accruals and prepayments are correctly calculated and reflected in the accounts. This includes reconciliation of all control accounts including inter-company balances.
- To produce the management reporting including consolidated results for the board meetings and scrutiny meetings.
- Produce a commentary to explain variance against budget and forecast and Key Performance data as agreed with the Finance and Operations Director.
- Co-ordinate the production of the annual budgeting and strategic planning, and provide all management information to inform the board of trustees (Including the budget and forecast return for the EFSA).
- Supporting the Finance and Operations Director with the production of the Annual Report and Accounts (Including the AAR return for the ESFA).
- To be responsible for the trust risk register and working with the academies to ensure each academy has their risk register up to date and that feeds into the global risk register.
- Identify ways to build the capability and awareness of general financial management within the Trust, but particularly with the Business Managers/Bursars and provide training.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Finance Business Partner will have the following attributes:
- Qualified Accountant - CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- Educated to degree or equivalent (AAT)
- Experience working in a Multi-Academy Trust.
- Excellent MS Office and specifically Excel skills (VLOOKUP, nested formulae etc.)
- Charismatic with strong interpersonal skills and able to challenge financial queries (budgets, forecasts etc.)
What's on Offer
The successful Finance Business Partner will enjoy:
- A highly competitive salary.
- Fantastic growth and development opportunities.
- Ability to join an ambitious project to provide first-class education to each of it's communities.
- Making a meaningful impact in shaping financial strategy throughout the trust and being a respected focal point for finance.