Finance Business Partner
Permanent Finance Business Partner role
Commercial, Not for Profit Healthcare Organisation based in Leeds
About Our Client
St Anne's is a successful and highly regarded health and social care registered charity providing care across the North of England. They provide nursing, residential services, domiciliary care and supported living services for clients with learning disabilities and mental health problems as well as specialist homeless and substance misuse services. Their services are highly regarded by both CQC and the Local Authorities and this is evidenced through recent inspections with 96% of their services rated 'Good'.
The role holder will support key stakeholders from a financial and commercial point of view, helping to drive optimal business decisions and to deliver better financial performance.
The role holder will partner with key stakeholders in various parts of the organisation, but in particular supporting the operations team at a service and regional level helping to improve overall service performance. The role holder will produce fee costings to maximise fee rates and insightful analysis to help to drive improvements in the cost base.
The role holder will support the budgeting and forecasting processes, helping to build up stretching but realistic targets engaging with and working alongside operations and central stakeholders.
The role holder will develop and deliver focused reporting and analysis to the operations and central teams as needed.
The role holder will support the Head of Finance Business Partnering and CFO as needed.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
As a Finance Business Partner, you will build trust, credibility and rapport with key stakeholders. You will develop and provide analytical insight and targeted reporting to further improve the businesses understanding of financial performance. As well as supporting the budgeting process to ensure robust budgets are produced at a service level and overall.
You will utilise your financial expertise to support and influence the operations team in such a way they are able to understand financial performance and make optimal financial decisions
- Leading financial performance reviews with the key operations stakeholders that you support, helping to drive action to improve financial performance, particularly focusing on deficit services and those tracking behind budget
- Support the business in maximising income through, for example, supporting fee costings and financial responses in tenders
- Support the business in controlling and ensuring the most efficient use of costs, for example, through the effective review and management of hours and payroll spend as well as non-payroll spend
- Develop and deliver in depth analysis to the business to make further recommendations around how financial performance can be improved
- Provide regular and ad hoc insightful reporting to your stakeholders as needed
- Coach and educate the operations team in terms of financial understanding to help them to improve service performance
- Support the budgeting process, building this bottom-up working closely with your key stakeholders to ensure there is engagement and buy-in to the budget targets
- Provide ad hoc financial support to the operations team and other stakeholders as needed
- Provide ad hoc support fo the Head of Finance Business Partnering and the CFO as needed
- Work closely with other areas of finance to ensure key business and finance priorities and processes are aligned and give the best outcome
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Applicant will:
- Have experience of working in a fast-paced finance business partnering role with a commercial and pragmatic outlook
- Be a good relationship builder, who is supportive, able to build rapport and work collaboratively with key stakeholders
- Be Fully Qualified with a recognised accouning qualification (CIMA/ ACCA/ACA)
- Have strong analytical and interpretation skills with an ability to sport trends and make commercial judgements where appropriate
- Be organised and thorough, with an attention to detail and be able to see things through to completion
- Have experience of budgeting and forecasting, be able to work with stakeholders to deliver a budget in line with expectations
- Be able to coach and educate non-finance stakeholders, explaining complex financial issues in a simple and easy to understand way
- Be able to challenge in a constructive way
- Be resilient and flexible, and be able to deal with changing and competing prioprities
- Have Advanced Excel and other Microsoft office skills
- Have a willingness to travel to support key operations stakeholders across Yorkshire and the North East as needed
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- 37.5 hours a week
- Excellent flexi-time policy
- 20 days + 8 bank holidays rising annually up to 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Pension contribution 5% employee 3% employer
- Leeds based
- Finance Business Partner opportunity