Finance Business Partner
Interpreting financial information that will influence key commercial decisions.
True Business Partner role that is an integral part of Commercial Finance Team.
About Our Client
Large local retail business with growth plans.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Financial ownership of advertising and promotional spend, supporting the establishment of a measurement framework with which to appraise the effectiveness of investment in this area
- Dedicated Business Partner to Marketing Director with cross functional involvement with all Commercial functions, e.g. Trading, Digital, Customer and HAC in order to deliver the optimal marketing plan
- Quarterly forecasting and budgeting, highlighting opportunities and risks to the Marketing and Finance Directors to ensure strategy is in line with overall Business objectives
- Weekly, monthly reporting and understanding of marketing spend
- Evaluating trials analysis eg, PPC trials, CRM incentives, affiliate tests
- Evaluating marketing campaign performance and pull together post campaign PIRs
- Influencing the Marketing teams to capitalise on trading opportunities and minimise potential threats by identifying and highlighting trends, and understanding the long term impacts of commercial decisions
- Commercial support on key strategic projects such as loyalty, cross shop and customer experience strategies.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Accountancy Qualification -ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Initiative and drive with an inquisitive nature
- Ability to drive insight from data
- Strong communication skills (articulate, confident with strong influencing skills)
- Confidence in making recommendations & conclusions
- Ability to work flexibly at pace
- Commercial awareness
- Previous Business Partnering experience
- Explaining Finance to non-Finance colleagues.
What's on Offer
Competitive package and benefits
Potential to progress and grow with the business.