Finance Business Partner
Market-Leading £multi-billion Global Group
Brand New Role With Progression Opportunity
About Our Client
With over 100 years of providing the best quality boilers, Ideal is now part of a global £multi-billion heating and ventilation solutions group and remains at the forefront of domestic and commercial heating, leading the UK industry in setting new standards as the sector adapts to a low carbon future.
As a result of these challenges we are seeking to recruit a full time Finance Business Partner to support the Finance Director as the UK, Ireland and North American team take on more project orientated work.
The post-holder will be responsible for driving business performance through the provision of insightful and collaborative decision-making and ensuring that management information is accurate and in addition to supporting ad hoc project work with sound financial analysis and high-level stakeholder management.
- Provide best in class business partnering to the Group's Low Carbon Division, Digital Transformation and Customer Experience teams.
- Responsible for upholding strong financial controls through sound and insightful profitability analysis, analysis of promotions, safeguarding of commercial accruals and accurate budgeting & forecasting.
- Oversee Group Statutory accounting process including PAYE and VAT compliance and group tax computations adhering to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Proactively address issues such as Brexit and supply chain planning, inter-company transfer pricing, R&D tax credits and HFM Group Reporting.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships across different functions of the business, with the ability to both support, challenge and influence peers and senior managers
- Continually strive to make improvements in finance and wider business processes through automation, simplification, better insight or improved financial control.
- Support the Finance Director in the delivery of the business plan, providing key financial analysis, reports and information
- Support the Senior Operational Finance Team with provision of timely information on key issues affecting the plan to assist decision making
- Ensure the team understand and consider the financial implications of key actions and decisions through providing clear insight.
- Constructively challenge the decisions being made to ensure value is being maximised.
- Ensure financial forecasts are aligned with the current view within the department and actively kept up to date with clear variance analysis provided to the business to understand changes.
- Identify opportunities and risks in relation to the department's financial objectives, and work on ways to maximise and mitigate these respectively.
- Drive improvements in the systems and processes used to report and analyse financial performance within the department.
- Support on financial appraisal of significant projects, operational spend and headcount changes, challenging these areas to ensure value is being maximised and that they all contribute to achieving the overall goals of the finance department and wider UK, Ireland and North American business
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with some experience in an industrial environment preferable.
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Strong analytical skills, able to model and assess a range of scenarios and outcomes.
- Attention to detail and a strong understanding of financial control.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability and confidence to influence and provide challenge to the business, driving change where required.
- Excellent communicator, capable of coaching and delivering concise and compelling messages to senior audiences.
- Confident and self-motivated with a flexible approach to work.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package with opportunity to progress.