Finance Director - Charity
Fantastic Charitable Organisation
Great team and a lovely opportunity
About Our Client
Our long established Charity client provide vital care, support services and supported living opportunities as well as day and leisure services for children and adults with a range of disabilities.
Based in East Kent in a property set within beautiful grounds, they are a very friendly, family-centred charity with sites across the area.
Due to retirement, my client is seeking a new Director of Finance. This is a key role for the charity and is central to its future success.
The Finance Director will report to the Chief Executive and will be an interal part of the Senior Management Team, playing a vital role in enabling the charity to deliver upon its aims and objectives, and ensuring the long term sustainability of the charity.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department
- Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Prepare official reports on a monthly and annual basis
- Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
- Update and implement financial policies and procedure
- Maintain a policy manual for the finance department
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate
The successful candidate for the Finance Director position will be committed to maximising income in order to maximise outcomes for the service users ,and will have experience of performing well within the care and charity sector.
You will be fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and will be able to demonstrate significant financial leadership experience.
The FD will be an effective decision maker with the ability to influence, inspire and motivate those around you and will have significant managerial experience You'll be a strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
What's on Offer
A package of circa £60,000 (including car allowance) plus other benefits