Great and unique opportunity to join this exciting conservation charity.
Strategic role to add commercial value and lead on all aspects of finance.
About Our Client
Every day TCV works across the UK to create healthier and happier communities for everyone - communities where our activities have a lasting impact on people's health, prospects and outdoor places.
We recognise that each community and the people living there have different needs. Whether improving wellbeing, conserving a well-loved outdoor space or bringing people together to promote social cohesion and combat loneliness, TCV works together with communities to deliver practical solutions to the real life challenges they face.
For 60 years we have adapted our work with volunteers to reflect the changing needs of communities in the UK and, by giving people a sense of purpose and belonging, we have empowered them to take control of their lives and outdoor spaces for the benefit of all.
Whilst our activities vary, our inclusive approach has remained consistent; bringing people and places together to create happy, healthy and connected communities for everyone.
As Finance Director you will provide strategic support to the CEO and input to the Board, whilst ensuring the organisation's financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
As Finance Director you will a key part of the TCV Leadership Team which is responsible for delivering TCV's strategy.
You will have overall responsibility for the organisation's financial planning, monitoring and performance and advises the Board, Chief Executive and Leadership Team on financial matters in support of TCV's work to connect people and green spaces.
Key ares of delivery will include:
- Lead the financial planning, monitoring and performance to advise and report to the Board, Chief Executive and Leadership Team on all financial matters, including financial controls, investments, reserves, forecasting, and systems.
- Business development - responsible for overseeing the income generation pipeline process and accountable for preparing the monthly position summary.
- Lead the production of the Annual Statutory Report and Accounts, notes, supporting schedules and audit files.
- Recommend changes to the CEO that will improve TCV's financial performance and financial controls by reviewing accounting procedures and processes.
- Oversee compliance and reporting to HM Revenue and Customs for tax and VAT.
- Fulfil the role of Company Secretary, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance and accurate reporting to Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships such as the bank, auditors, insurance brokers and those not directly linked such as key funders/supporters.
- Lead on the annual budget planning process, including trend and budget analysis.
- Ensure accounting practices comply with relevant accounting standards and group procedures are followed.
- Attend Audit and Risk Committee meetings and liaise with the ARC Chair regarding financial controls, audits and ad hoc issues.
- Lead the Head of IT to oversee TCV's IT and Risk & Compliance functions.
- Lead the Payroll and Property functions.
- Ensure TCV has adequate insurance cover managing and considering the balance of cost and quality of the annual insurance renewals.
- Be the organisational lead for the TCV fleet.
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Experience of working in a finance and audit environment, for a large organisation.
- Experience of leading and developing teams
- Hold an accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- A track record of preparing statutory accounts, management accounts, and other financial reports.
- Ability to analyse complex issues and to produce practical solutions.
- Experience of working with teams outside of core finance, preferably including leadership team level.
- Regular travel across the UK will be required (Head office is based in Doncaster)
Core Skills and Knowledge
- Communicating Effectively - Understands and manages the emotional impact of messages powerfully and appropriately. Is able to articulate highly complex concepts to others in a meaningful and relevant way. Is a role model, creating positive personal impact and employee engagement.
- Delivering Results - Role models leadership and understands how people deliver value to the organisation and how to maximise that value. Identifies, prioritises and develops the people capabilities needed to deliver the business strategy. Creates an environment in which recognising and developing talent is seen as a fundamental to managing the business. Has a high level of self awareness and a significant positive impact on others.
- Working effectively as One Team - Knows and understands the overall operating model for the business to leverage performance and maximise business results and customer satisfaction. Works together with peers to share knowledge, challenge appropriately and deliver leadership excellence.
- Understanding TCV and the Strategy - Has a thorough understanding of TCV's strategy, understands the complexity, diversity, strengths and weaknesses of TCV and how to leverage the organisation and resources in order to deliver strategic goals.
- Building Effective Relationships - Is able to lead strategically significant negotiations and relationships on behalf of TCV, and deliver the best outcomes for the organisation, beneficiaries, stakeholders and volunteers.
- Managing Change and Innovation - Drives and defines transformational change to achieve strategic objectives and sets out a clear business case and vision for change that inspires and engages others. Creates a culture in which creativity is actively encouraged by leaders. Leads by example and role models innovation by constantly striving to improve our customer and volunteer experience.
- Valuing Diversity and Integrity - Works continuously to improve working practices to ensure fairness, inclusion and respect. Ensures diverse experiences are used fully in developing new opportunities. Embraces and champions TCV values and ethical standards with integrity and is recognised as a direct and truthful leader.
- Leading People and Building Talent & Capability - Role models leadership and understands how people deliver value to the organisation and how to maximise that value. Identifies, prioritises and develops the people capabilities needed to deliver the business strategy. Creates an environment in which recognising and developing talent is seen as a fundamental to managing the business.
What's on Offer
The package on offer for the successful Finance Director candidate is as follows:
- Salary £62,400- £65,000 per annum depending upon relevant experience
- Car or £5000 car allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 31 days annual leave plus bank 8 bank holidays
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- Life assurance (x2 annual salary)