An exceptional opportunity for qualified senior professional
Candidate will have Business Partnering, Analysis & Gaap knowledge
About Our Client
A well known emerging global organisation in the services sector
Financial Controls - identify and mitigate financial control risks; including review of all balance sheet reconciliations and other process checks. Ensure the follow-up and resolution of external audit control points. Identify required process improvements and co-ordinate teams required to implement the required process changes (internal audit).
- Monthly Management Accounts - provide timely Group management accounts for distribution to directors, bank and auditors, financial analysis supporting board reporting and accurate UK accounting.
- Budgeting and Forecasting - responsible for compilation of UK and Group budgets and preparation of cash flow and balance sheet budgets. Quarterly forecasts prepared and presented to directors, bank and auditors.
- Helping to develop the financial forecasts of the relevant assets and challenging the business teams on the assumptions driving these forecasts
- Business Partnering - Provide information to the Managing Director and Senior Management team to ensure effective financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Provide a business partner service to the management teams by providing input and information to support the efficient management UK business
- Articulating to the business the key messages behind the financial performance
- Delivery of pertinent analysis to facilitate the management teams and wider business's understanding of the performance of the relevant portfolio to aid decision-making
- Systems and Process Improvement - ensure world class systems and process are in place, appropriate for a growing business. This will involve building upon and documenting existing systems and processes as well as implementing new ones.
- Financial Planning - Lead and drive the divisional financial planning process and present to senior management at key points
- Monthly Packs - Build and deliver Divisional Monthly MI packs to provide visibility to business areas and board
- Year-end Audit and Reporting - Ensure the interim and year-end audit is completed in an efficient manner and in accordance with agreed timetables. Liaising with auditors and tax advisers as and when required.
- Managing site finance team - Lead, motivate and develop the Operations Finance team to maximise employee engagement. Promote, develop and embed a team approach to Finance in support of the wider business.
- Cash Management - manage delivery of annual cash objectives through setting targets in conjunction with the operations team.
- Payroll - manage the Payroll team ensuring that staff are paid accurately and on time and supporting HR with the preparation of budgets and other analysis.
The Successful Applicant
- A qualified Accountant ideally ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Knowledge of UK Gaap and IFRS
- Strong proven track record of analysing complex information and reporting to non-finance Directors
- Effective communication skills and ability to converse with senior Directors in the business
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary and package