Key management position in a diverse market leading retail and services firm
Favourable tax regime, island jurisdiction, enviable work/life balance
About Our Client
The Falkland Islands Company is the largest private sector employer on the Islands and is well established with 165 years of proven expertise. The firm has a breadth of services, including (but not limited to) retail, insurance, housebuilding and tourist services. FIC is the key operating business within the AIM quoted FIH group and this key role will involve significant interaction with senior group management.
The Finance Director will have a broad range of responsibilities for managing the financial affairs of the 200 person business and for ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the accounts function.. The FD will be the point person for the current accounting system, SAGE and it would be helpful if the candidate had previous knowledge of SAGE or a similar accounting package .
Understanding that stakeholder management is key, the Finance Director will possess exceptional interpersonal skills. Other responsibilities will include:
- Challenging the norm and to ensure high quality financial controls are in place;
- Standardise accounting procedures across the business;
- Maintaining control and reporting over retail stock;
- Manage the accounting for any project and bids on island;
- Providing Divisional Sales and Margin analysis, dashboard reporting and KPI reporting;
- Controlling cash flow and capital expenditure
- Provide analysis for the construction department monitoring sales, profitability and maintenance and overheads cost.
- Liaise with external auditors to produce annual information;
- Managing Company Secretarial matters;
The Successful Applicant
Based in the Falkland Islands, the successful Finance Director will be a motivated individual working in the heart of the business with stakeholders from non-finance personnel to directors.
The location affords both a one of a kind opportunity to become a key player in a well established and growing market leading business whilst at the same time enjoying an enviable work/life balance. The Falklands have a pristine environment and a growing economy lead by tourism development and the discovery of oil. More information on housing and relocation is available through our specialist Offshore team.
Expertise in a small to medium sized environment will be essential to success. The hands-on Finance Director will possess:
- Full Accountancy Qualification, or Relevant work experience
- Successful experience in finance leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven operational track record in a commercial organization
- Solid understanding of accounting software, preferably SAGE Line 1000
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Savvy stakeholder management - managing relationships and expectations
- Pragmatic and proactive team player
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + Benefits + Relocation
(this role does not provide an ex-patriot package)