- Fantastic working environment & exceptional benefits package
- Fully hybrid forward thinking organisation
About Our Client
Cardiff University Students' Union (CUSU) has a vision of working with every Cardiff student to enhance their university experience. As a student-led, independent part of the university, CUSU represents students and provides a diverse and inclusive range of activities and services that enrich student life. These include advice, training, skills development, volunteering opportunities, employment and other services that promote inclusion, friendship and personal development. CUSU supports over 200 student societies and 60 sports clubs that boast more than 10,000 members. CUSU is also the recognised voice of students at Cardiff University, joining students in campaigning about the issues important to them.
CUSU is based on Park Place and at the Heath Park campus, employing over 100 permanent staff and 300 student staff. The trading subsidiary of CUSU, Cardiff Union Services Limited, manages a purpose built facility in the centre of Cardiff and operates cafes, shops, bars and events that help fund CUSU's charitable activities. The organisation achieved 1* accreditation and ranked 56th in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not-for-Profit organisations 2020, and featured in the Best Companies to Work For in Wales 2020 top 30 list. CUSU has achieved Investors in Diversity Stage 3 and ranked 65th in the National Centre for Diversity (NCFD) Top 100 index in 2020. CUSU aspires to have a positive impact on the wider community in Cardiff, and won the Best Students' Union in Wales in the NUS Awards 2020, and UK third place in the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2020).
Michael Page are proud to be working on a retained assignment to recruit the new Director of Finance for the Cardiff University Students' Union. This is first class opportunity for a fully qualified accountant to join Cardiff University Students Union as the new Director of Finance.
Under the direction of the Chief Executive, the Finance Director will be accountable for the strategic management of the Union's financial resources and services and to successfully manage the day-to-day operations within the Finance Team. The Director of Finance will also be a permanent member of the Union's Strategic Management Team and will be a part of organisation-wide projects and activities. The post will have relationships with staff, elected student officers and trustees commensurate with the remit of the post.
The Finance Director will have responsibilities for:
- Financial Management and Preparation of Information
Financial Information & Audits
- Financial Administration
- Bank Account Management & Insurance
- Customer Care
- Finance Team Management
- Health & Safety
Due to the nature of the small finance team, this role requires the successful candidate to be both strategic and hands on when required.
The Successful Applicant
- Must hold a recognised professional qualification and be able to evidence an appropriate level of professional experience directly related to the role. (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Be able to evidence successful leadership and management relevant to the role.
- Evidence an appropriate level of experience of working with senior staff and Directors / Trustees.
- Commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
- High level communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- A thorough understanding of best practice in financial management, including financial planning and auditing.
- Ability to work effectively as a leader and as a member of a team.
- An enthusiastic and effective ambassador who is adaptable, flexible, solution focused and able to make 'tough' decisions when required.
- Ability to encourage and motivate others.
Interviews will take place week commencing 13th September onsite.
What's on Offer
An opportunity to work for an organisation ranked 56th in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not-for-Profit organisations 2020, also featured in The Best Companies to Work For in Wales 2020 top 30 list.
Competitive salary in the range of £54,000 to £60,000
Dynamic fully hybrid working environment.
Generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days plus bank holidays
Additional 2 Mental Health Days (Not in allocation)
Private Medical Cover
2 x Spa Vouchers per year
Free use of Union Gym Facilities on-site
50% off all food and non-alcoholic drink on-site and in all SU Outlets.
Company Pension Plan