- Established Charity with strong reserves
- Role will directly impact and drive organisation strategy
About Our Client
Independent charity who provide a wide range of services to adults and older people.
- Streamline and integrate finance practices across the organisation
- Lead with the Chief Executive the implementation of the ERP platform called - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Support the Chief Executive and Board of Trustees to analyse financial performance, address threats and capitalise on opportunities across all income streams.
- Support the Chief Executive and the Leadership team with grant funding and contract bids by preparing full cost recovery budgets and other financial information.
- Support the Chief Executive and LMT with monitoring reports for funders.
- Manage and lead the finance functions within the organisations, ensuring that they deliver against the Strategic Plan
- Ensure that the organisations have in place robust, compliant financial systems and procedures and that these are adhered to by all staff.
- Lead on the preparation of statutory accounts, provide year end accounts, provide appropriate support and assistance to the organisation's auditors and delivery of recommendations arising from the audit process.
- Ensure that all statutory returns are complete in a timely and effective manner, including those in relation to VAT, PAYE, NIC and SSP, and that appropriate compliance dates are met for the Charities Commission and Companies House. To monitor and advise on current and future tax legislation with a view to optimisation.
- Co-ordinate the annual budgetary process and advise department/unit managers
- Manage banking arrangements and monitor and report on the Investment Policy and performance to trustees at regular intervals.
- Lead on the Risk Management process, advising the Chief Executive and LMT on risk matters, and reviewing the risk register on a regular basis, reporting to the Board of Trustees.
- Monitor and update the Financial Procedures Manual, reporting material breaches to the Chief Executive and the Board of Trustees.
- Oversee the payroll function to ensure employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage a team of 7 people
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant
- Charity background
- Be highly organised, an eye for detail and able to see the bigger picture
- A track record of initiating, driving, developing, and implementing strategies and plans relating to outcomes and impact
- Be fully conversant with UK GAAP, Charity SORP, FRS102, and Charity Law
- A proven track record of leading and inspiring diverse teams to high level achievement and innovation
- Ability to translate complex financial data and present targeted messages to different audiences
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £55,000 plus benefits