Finance Manager / Controller
Successful and long established SME
No.1 finance role reporting to the MD
About Our Client
Market leading SME in the consumer sector is recruiting a Finance Manager / Controller based in Surrey, the company is based between Leatherhead and Kingston.
Key duties in the Finance Manager / Controller role include:
- Prepare, present and review monthly management accounts, submitting quarterly VAT returns and dealing with Companies House and National Statistic returns.
- Produce sales and company budgets and forecasts on a 3 year rolling basis.
- Manage cash flow and bank balances.
- Responsible for companies capital expenditure accounting and fixed asset register.
- Managing and administering the Company pension scheme and insurance policies.
- Assisting Sales Director and team with preparation and costings for tenders and price reviews.
- Prepare end of year reports and statements, business tax compliance and point of contact for the external auditors.
- Supporting and partnering with the MD and other heads of functions to provide commercial and operational insight.
- Manage, train and develop direct reportees and administrators.
- Implement a new accounting and distribution system - this will involve working with all departments and users, together with the Software house to ensure the system provides maximum integration and productivity during implementation.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered you will be:
Fully qualified CIMA, ACA, ACCA with post qualification experience. Some industry experience is essential. However, competency in General Ledger, Capital Expenditure Accounting, month-end and year-end accounts preparation including year-end audits is essential. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel. Naturally you will be numerate, organised, confident and able to meet deadlines.
You should enjoy working with other departments of the business.
What's on Offer
Salary of £55,000 - £60,000 plus benefits