Finance Manager / FP&A
Join a growing business with exciting progession opportunity
Commercial role with a focus on upcoming projects
About Our Client
Our client are a leading Professional Services business with International reach.
In this role you would be responsible for:
- Undertaking project activity related to Financial Planning & Analysis with the aim of providing information and insight to key stakeholders
- In these projects you will be responsible for leading the gathering information, analysing and sharing findings and presenting results and options.
- You will also be responsible for leading on projects that improve the quality and control environment as well as the automating processes and improving efficiency.
- You will be responsible for sharing project knowledge with team members and where appropriate coaching them in implementing project work into operational processes.
- You will be expected to identify control improvements in the operational aspects of the Financial Reporting & Analysis team's activities and to be proactive in recommending and implementing changes.
- Improving the control environment across the Financial Planning & Analysis Reporting and Finance as a whole.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key areas of the business and with external specialists.
- Enhancing the quality and insight gained from the regular reporting provided to key stakeholders (e.g. improving quality, information, external context, etc.).
- Being a key part in the development, improvement and continued engagement of key stakeholders in the business in the various Financial Planning & Analysis activities.
- Supporting the delivery of the annual business plan and regular forecasting activities including delivery of various scenarios.
- Leading on specifically assigned elements in the business planning and forecasting cycles.
- Working to challenge expenses, supporting the team to achieve changes and leading on specifically assigned areas (e.g. IT, Pricing, etc.).
- Supporting the delivery of the regulatory and legislative requirements of the team.
- Supporting ongoing regular and ad-hoc tasks.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent financial planning and analysis knowledge
- Proven ability to coach and support members of the finance team at multiple experience levels
- Strong communication skills with all levels of internal and external stakeholder
- Strong controls experience
- Proven project management skills
- Confident in engaging at a senior level
- Self-driven, can work autonomously with a proven work ethic
- Team player who enjoys working inclusively with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
- Proactive professional in planning to achieve targets and objectives
- Hard working, be able to work under pressure and sometimes with challenging timescales
- Establishes and maintains constructive and collaborative relationships with all business areas
- Behaves consistently and with integrity at all times
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) with extensive and relevant post qualification experience
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to work in a high performing but supportive team
- Competitive salary and benefits package including bonus and non-contributory pension