Finance Manager - home based working
A unique opportunity to work for an international not for profit organisation.
Home based with regular meetings in Leeds, occasional UK & International travel
About Our Client
SNOMED International is a not-for-profit organization that owns and develops SNOMED CT, the world's most comprehensive healthcare terminology product. We play an essential role in improving the health of humankind by determining standards for a codified language that represents groups of clinical terms. This enables healthcare information to be exchanged globally for the benefit of patients and other stakeholders. We are committed to the rigorous evolution of our products and services, to deliver continuous innovation for the global healthcare community. SNOMED International is the trading name of the International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation.
As Finance Manager you will use your accountancy skills to support the Finance and Corporate Services Executive Lead to plan, control and coordinate a customer focused financial accounting and reporting service of an international organisation.
Key areas of delivery will include:
- Take responsibility for the preparation, review and finalisation of the monthly management accounts, reports and associated analysis.
- Review and produce the monthly finance reports for budget holders and provide managers with an integrated view of financial performance, with early warning on significant changes in expected performance, and proactive in suggesting possible courses of action with advice on corrective actions.
- Manage the cash flow forecasting for the organisation.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Support the production of the annual accounts and annual audit.
- Ensure the organisation is compliant with the relevant financial regulatory standards.
- Ensure all assigned finance processes operate efficiently and effectively with appropriate financial controls to minimise the risk of fraud and loss of process.
- Maintain, monitor and improve finance policies and systems across diverse functions ensuring they are aligned to the organisation's corporate mission and goals, and compliant with both internal and external requirements and controls.
- Prepare and submit information to statutory authorities including Companies House and Taxation authorities.
- Support the Finance and Corporate Services Executive Lead with preparing presentations and presenting to the organisation's Governance Bodies.
- Promote a consistent suite of reports across the whole organisation, consulting with users but taking a pragmatic view to achieve a best of breed design.
- Consolidate, assess and report on organizational and programmatic finances ensuring transparency and accountability for optimal use of organization resources.
- Collaborate and advise SNOMED International management in the development of organizational and project budgets ensuring that resources are secured and able to sustain the organization's Work Plan.
- Support the Finance and Corporate Services Executive Lead with other ad-hoc duties and projects.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with F&CS colleagues, as well as key budget-holders across the organisation, leveraging various communications platforms to ensure positive information flow and understanding.
The Successful Applicant
As Finance Manager - home based working, for SNOMED International the ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent
- Experienced at preparing and reviewing monthly financial accounts/reports;
Experienced in dealing with multi-currency transactions and reporting;
Ability to gain a good overview as well as being prepared to get involved in the detail;
Confident when communicating with staff and management at all levels;
Numerate, methodical and proactive;
Excellent attention to detail;
Must be a team player;
Good communications skills with colleagues across the business (both within finance and non-finance)
- Bring a positive and energetic approach with the ability to challenge and contribute new ideas;
Demonstrate a positive, flexible approach to working with colleagues in varied time zones/locations, and the ability to be flexible about accommodating out-of-hours calls or meetings from time-to-time.
What's on Offer
Finance Manager - home based working
SNOMED International (SI) has a distributed international work force and the role will work primarily via internet from the employee's own home office. The position is likely to require some domestic travel (and from time to time, may require some international travel) to meet with other SI staff, visit SI Member countries, attend SI meetings and participate in relevant conferences and exhibitions.
Competitive salary package