Finance Manager - Malta
12 Month Contract - With buoyant financial services business - tax efficient
Malta based - enviable work/life balance - opportunity for permanence
About Our Client
International Financial Services business.
As Finance Manager - Malta, you will be a pivotal member of the leadership team delivering exciting growth plans for the office, underpinned by your strong financial support.
You will be accountable for all duties undertaken by the finance department, including the full suite of accounting and payroll services to our portfolio of clients as well as leading a team of 5 locally employees.
You will play an active role in the entity strategy, as well as setting challenging yet realistic targets, 3-year budgets and forecasts. You will be commercially astute, comfortable challenging all levels of the business and will deliver all management information to the team in a timely and proactive manner which you will clearly articulate locally and at Group level from time to time.
- Production of accounting, audit, tax compliance solutions, to existing and new clients
- Production of payroll solutions for clients
- Production of management accounts and financial statements
- Forecasting and annual 3-year plan creation
- Contribute to the company financial strategy and decision-making process
- Manage the audit process and liaise with any external personnel
- Manage, mentor and motivate the accounts team (direct reports and virtual teams)
- Undertake financial analysis and regulatory reporting as required
- Ensuring robust financial systems and processes are in place
- Recommend improvements to existing forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
- Responsible for the tax reporting for the company and advise the management with tax efficient plan
The Successful Applicant
This role is based in Malta. This person must already reside in Malta or have clear ties to the island and open to relocating without assistance for the post.
The Finance Manager - Malta should possess -
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA/CIMA/ACCA preferred) and or qualified by experience
- Strong business and commercial acumen and understanding of financial issues
- Excellent communicator, with both internal and external colleagues
- Team player and ability to lead as well as manage
- Experience with ViewPoint accounting an advantage
- Proficient in MS Excel
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + Benefits