- Are you a technically proficient, hands-on accountant?
- Are you looking for an exciting, challenging role in an acquisitive company?
About Our Client
My client comprises of a full-service B2B marketing agency and premium publishing house.
They have gone from strength-to-strength over the last few years, doubling their headcount and revenue alongside tripling their profitability. They invest heavily in their editorial products and focus on expertly produced, beautifully designed high-quality content, from printed reports in The Times and Sunday Times, to digital publishing and demand generation solutions. They are committed to excellence across all of their products and services by combining first-class journalism, data analysis, editorial imagery and striking graphic design.
This individual needs to be analytical in their approach, with a high attention to detail and excellent communication skills. As this is an all-encompassing role, this individual must be highly adaptable and possess the ability to manage numerous ongoing tasks at once. This role will report directly into the Finance Director and have three direct reports into it:
- Manage all daily and monthly finance function processes to ensure the efficient running of the group. Key tasks include producing monthly management accounts and board pack, as well as fully owning the monthly payroll process. There will also be a focus on improving internal controls and processes
- Closely manage the company's working capital capabilities. This will require daily monitoring of cashflow and the invoice discounting facility, along with aged creditor and debtor management
- Assist the Finance Director with other/ad hoc tasks such as forecasting, budgeting, VAT return submission and audit preparation
The Successful Applicant
- ACA or ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Minimum 1/2 years industry experience
- Strong technical skills, including consolidation experience
- Prior experience working in industry
- Analytical brain with an affinity for all things numerical
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Well-organised, self-motivated and pro-active in their thinking
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong academic record
What's on Offer
- Pension scheme
- Private health and dental insurance
- 25 days holiday per annum, +1 additional day holiday for each year worked at the company (capped at a max of 3)
- Client Day (annual day away from the office which does not use any holiday)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
- Highly flexible WFH policy based on the ongoing Covid situation
- Range of additional perks through various client partners
- Regular planned social events