- An opportunity to move into the education sector.
- A well regarded school with a passionate team of staff.
About Our Client
A well established and award winning school based in Halifax is recruiting a finance manager as a result of retirement.
A beautiful location and an opportunity to join a happy school community within your role as Finance Manager / School Bursar.
A well established and award winning school based in Halifax is recruiting a Finance Manager / School Bursar as a result of retirement. This is a great opportunity for someone who has wanted to make the move into the education and schools sector, but doesn't have the sector experience. You will use your accountancy experience to add value across a number of key areas of delivery that will include:
- All aspects of financial Management
- All aspects of finance including work on nominal, purchase and fee ledgers
- A varied role with other general administrative tasks such as the ordering of supplies and other ad hoc tasks
The Successful Applicant
Finance Manager / School Bursar candidates will be fully qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA) and / or with previous finance business partnering, financial accounting and management accounting experience.
Experience of working within education or schools would be helpful, but not essential, although working as a key partner to educational staff in a school community you'll be comfortable in getting involved in the day to day life of a school environment.
What's on Offer
- A salary of c£35,000 - 40,000 depending upon relevant experience.
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Mainly based on site at the school, but with some scope to work from home during school holidays