Finance Manager (Shared Service Centre)
Responsibility for the finances of a £7m - £8m cost centre
Exceptional benefits package
About Our Client
My client is a global brand, with HQ in Glasgow city centre. They offer excellent career progression, and a market leading benefits package including free travel card.
The Finance Manager (Shared Service Centre) will have the following responsibilities;
- Lead the AP, AR, Treasury and VAT teams to ensure high quality deliverables are provided to all relevant stakeholders within the agreed timescales.
- Developing effectiveness of the Finance function through continuous training and development of the team. Lead and motivate the team to high levels of performance
- Overseeing financial control and accounting functions to ensure the highest standard of service, along with taking a lead role in the continuing systems reviews and developing service level agreements aligned with the UK Groups policies
- Developing a strong relationship with the Finance Directors and Financial Controllers at each of our operating companies
- Own the MI reporting to all stakeholders ensuring it succintly communicates, issues and actions to improve the results.
- Maintaining process workflows, procedures and management information for all areas under finance shared service centre ("SSC") responsibility
- Identify areas for process improvement, obtain stakeholder approval and ensure they are implemented in line with the approved plan.
- Developing, managing and challenging the finance SSC key performance indicators, and continually review to maximise efficiency of the finance function.
The Successful Applicant
The Finance Manager (Shared Service Centre) will likely have the following profile;
- Educated to BSc/Msc Degree level in Finance or Accounting
- Demonstrating experience in accounting systems and general accounting. Particular knowledge of the P2P process.
- Must be able to prioritise, multitask as well as work independently.
- Ability to efficiently give priority to activities and carry out regular functions with little or no supervision
- ability to maintain quality of work and at the same time meet multiple deadlines as required
- Effective written communication.
- Must be a strong communicator coupled with the ability to maintain open communication with customers, internal employees and managers as needed
- Advanced knowledge of asset management and use of MS Excel
- Proven analytical background
- Outstanding analytical dexterity with sound organisational aptitude
- Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and ability to work independently
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, and be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Strong financial modelling experience
What's on Offer
The successful Finance Manager (Shared Service Centre) will be offered the following;
£55,000 - £65,000 salary per annum
Discretionary bonus up to 10%
Matched 9% pension
Free travel card
Wider benefits available