Number 1 in Finance position
Very successful and profitable, niche manufacturing business
About Our Client
Aquaspersions Limited was established in 1974 as a manufacturer of high-quality, water-based additives, for the polymer latex, paints and adhesive industries. Since their formation, they have confirmed themselves as a world-leader in the manufacture of aqueous colloidal dispersions and emulsions.
The Headquarters of Aquaspersions are located at a purpose built manufacturing facility in Halifax, England.
As the company has grown, they have taken the lead in developing state-of-the-art dispersion technology in order to meet the changing product needs of this market. They have also diversified into providing stabilising additives for the manufacture of ABS and PVC and also produce a range of 'Ceasefire' flame retardant dispersions for many water-based applications. More recently, they have developed many specialty water-based ingredients for adhesives, coatings and textile applications such as the Aquarez polymer emulsions. Their sister company Aquaspersions Malaysia is based in Kuala Lumpur and enables them to offer global supply of their products.
Aquaspersions are now a world leader in the manufacture of aqueous colloidal dispersions and emulsions. Their quality standards are second to none and they take pride in having a flexible approach to business and in their technical capability.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving SME. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of Finance within the business, including maintaining awareness and keeping up to date with any changes that might affect the company.
The ideal person for this role will have a strong sense of commercial awareness. As Number 1 in Finance, you will work closely with the MD on business strategy, as well as heading up a small finance team underneath you.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assist the MD by undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic financial planning
- Lead the annual budgeting process
- Produce monthly management accounts to specific deadlines
- Monitor the performance of cash flow against budget, including foreign exchange
- Prepare and interpret financial statements, business activity reports and forecasts
- Ensure that all legal requirements for finance are met
- Ad hoc project work when required
- Review Company financial reports and seek ways to reduce costs
- Coordinate month-end checks including stock control and its value
- Administer Sage accounting system
- Develop and manage financial systems/models as required
- Supervision of Finance Assistant and checking of their work
- Supervision of Stock Controller
- Responsible for top level payroll duties and general salary administration including P11D
- Responsible for quarterly VAT returns
- Responsible for year-end audit preparation.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you must;
- Hold a relevant financial qualification - CIMA/ ACA/ ACCA
- Be self-motivated and eager to progress. This role is the perfect stepping stone to an FD position and for the right candidate will equip them with the skills and experience necessary to make this step.
- Possess strong strategic analysis skills and a sense of commercial awareness. This role goes far beyond your typical Finance Manager role so strong commercial acumen is required.
- Hold relevant Financial Management experience in a comparable organisation, ideally within the manufacturing industry.
- Be strong on systems use. If you already have experience with Sage then this is a huge advantage, however candidates who haven't experienced Sage but are confident picking up new systems will be considered. Candidates with systems implementation experience would also have an advantage.
What's on Offer
What's on Offer
The Finance Manager role at Aquaspersions will offer direct exposure to a strong Managing Director, the opportunity to work for a highly profitable and successful business in a niche manufacturing sector, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you meet the above criteria and would be interested in working for Aquaspersions, then please click apply.