Opportunity to join a rapidly expanding aquisition company
Would suit a strong Finance Manager who is used to fast paced environments
About Our Client
Our client, who acquired a European Business in 2017, has recently completed a systems and processes transformation project and established a new Shared Service Centre (SSC), equipped with language skills, in Bristol to support the European operations.
The Finance Manager is the main point of contact for the in-country team, across all functions, and a developing a strong rapport with the local CFO is imperative.
Responsibility for delivering month and year end, and the resourcing, recruitment, development and training of the team; focusing on increasing levels of efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail in our processes.
The role will involve some travel to ensure the relationships with our local finance teams are developed further and best practice is shared.
Including but not limited to:
- Delivering the monthly Balance Sheet within set timeline, reconciled to the standard required.
- Review and sign off monthly P&Ls and delivery of summary variance analysis to budget each month to the European Finance Director and country CFO's
- Ensuring complete and accurate data is delivered to the MA team including payroll data, clinic sales reports and taking reconciliation.
- Monthly reviews and sign offs workings including bad debt, transaction costs, payroll, prepayments, accruals and FAR.
- Delivery of the below the line items file and back up each month to European Finance Director and for audit
- Assisting the European Finance Director and Controller as required in preparing for and delivering the annual audit.
- Quickly acquiring in-depth knowledge of current end-to-end accounting and reporting processes and systems.
- Being proactive in issue identification and resolution, including identification of profit opportunities and accruals
- Work together with the other RoE Finance Managers to promote a united finance department and work towards increasing efficiency.
- Provide RoE Finance Director with relevant supporting data to P&L and Balance Sheet to facilitate in country sign offs and reviews.
- End to end process ownership for at least one country, share best practice, manage the controls and risks and be the main point of contact for the in country CEO and CFO.
- The role will have a number of Management Accountants reporting into them, part qualified and qualified. The Finance Manager will coordinate and manage the resourcing and recruitment of the team. Responsibility will lie with the Finance Manager to coach and train the MA's, ensuring the deliverables are met on time and to a high level of accuracy.
- The role on acquisitions will be more supportive than directly involved. However the Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the local CFO and CEO gets a total country view and understanding of the results. The role will help to ensure the smooth integration of new businesses joining the group and the production of the management accounts until transitioned into the group.
- Completion of the Finance integration task list on time to quality for assigned tasks
- Assisting with the completion of apportionment statements, completion accounts and following through on correcting incorrect tax practices.
- Once payroll has been transitioned, particular focus on a timely and correct handover to payroll and pensions and ensuring payroll is paid on time.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong academically - educated to degree level and having completed their professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA or similar)
- This person should be several years post-qualification, with evidence of CPD
- Experienced in management accounting roles in similar sized organisations and in managing a team
- Must have sufficient commercial experience i.e. not someone looking to move from practice
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment - flexibility is key
- Excellent IT skills including advanced excel, and confident on various management reporting systems
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly
- A questioning mind; this person should always be looking for where improvements can be made
- A natural leader, with excellent interpersonal skills, able to get results from the team and manage under-performance in an effective manner
- Comfortable working within a clinical environment where compassion is a requirement
- Understanding of small companies and how they work, but needs big company background to understand/suggest best practice principles and help to drive change
- Will need to be happy travelling during the Transformation Project stage
- Relevant languages - the intention is to bring as many relevant languages into the SSC as possible
- Experience of OpenAccounts would be an advantage
- Knowledge of acquisition accounting and legals
What's on Offer