Broad Finance Manager role for the UK business
Market leading business
About Our Client
Daikin is a global leader in the manufacture, supply and service of air conditioning, refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment.
Daikin Airconditioning UK Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Daikin Europe NV. The focus of our business is the sales and distribution of Daikin air conditioning products whilst fully utilising the advantage of our European Group Manufacturing Division. Over 90 years of precision and innovation has helped Daikin build a worldwide reputation for quality and technology.
The philosophy of the business includes a dedication to positive environmental and social policies, the creation of customer value and, internally Daikin have a people-centered management approach based on placing a high value on its staff, pride and enthusiasm.
The Finance Manager will provide full finance and accounting services for the UK business (currently c. £170m t/o) to ensure accurate accounting operations and prepare both management and statutory accounts.
- Maintain and develop all daily accounting operations including company ledgers, journals, cost centres, reconciliations, banking, transfer pricing, inter-company recharges, assets, depreciation and CAPEX to ensure accurate and complete book-keeping. Direct the closing of accounting periods during the year. Prepare periodic Management Accounts along with other financial analysis and Management Information as required
- Prepare and submit all necessary Statutory Accounts in line with legal, Company and Group requirements. Direct year-end closing activity and manage all internal work processes required for preparation of the Statutory Accounts. Ensure full communication and visibilty with the DAUK Board
- Set up and maintain Financial controls to ensure compliance with all relevant external audit, tax, legislative and regulatory matters together with all internal audit, controls and standards. Maintain professional relationships with external third parties and internal functions both within DAUK, Daikin Europe and the Daikin Group
- Ensure the correct calculation and processing of all company taxation including Corporation Tax, VAT etc
- Manage cash flow and working capital requirements to support business needs
- Manage all aspects of company expenses from policy formulation through to claims process, communication to employees and resolution of issues
- Create and maintain Vendor master data and ensure the accurate registration of vendor invoices and payments
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with key internal functions to ensure smooth integration of related financial activities. In particular, ensure effective processes and work-flows with Corporate & Sales Planning, Sales, Service & HR. Build effective working relationships with key external suppliers including bankers, auditors advisers
- Promote the Daikin Corporate Philosophy, and ensure Core Values are adhered to in all company matters
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant. CIMA, ACA or ACCA
- Strong experience across all aspects of Finance & Accounting - Accounting Operations, Management Accounts, Statutory Accounts, tax and audit.
- Strong knowledge of UK Finance & Accounting legislation and regulation, IFRS and UK GAAP. Also a strong understanding of relevant legislation and regulation in related areas such as audit and tax
- Ability to operate in a complex and dynamic structure with strong resilience and influencing skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Capable people manager, able to lead and motivate a small specialist team
- Positive, flexible attitude with a can-do approach to solving problems
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP and high levels of attention to detail
- Experience of working in an international Group would be advantageous
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus car, bonus scheme, pension, health care and flexible benefits