Leading a team
About Our Client
Local Government organisation in North Bristol.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Services, the Finance Manager will be tasked with providing strategic guidance upon the organisations resources and delivering efficient and effective corporate finance functions that meet the changing needs of the organisation, developing consistency and providing a strong link between management and financial accounts. You will play a lead role in the budget setting and close down processes, providing both strategic and technical finance advice
The Successful Applicant
You will ideally have:
- Extensive experience in a local government finance environment including at least 5 years at a senior Finance Manager level (or similar sector)
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualification
- Extensive experience of successful strategic financial management, financial planning and budget preparation
- You will be able to think and act strategically, solve problems and make decisions.
- You will be able to understand the organisation's requirements and expectations of the function and put strategies in place to achieve these
- Personal credibility and an ability to influence key stakeholders throughout the organisation and be able to work effectively with appropriate associated bodies.
- You will be able to deal with confidential and highly sensitive issues
- You will have excellent leadership skills and use these to inspire, motivate and develop your teams to high levels of performance
- Experience in risk management and applying these principals to services
What's on Offer
£55-60k + Generous Benefits
The client also offers a flexible working arrangements.