Finance Manager role within a structure made for development
city centre location
About Our Client
The client is a leader in their specialised field working across the UK and parts of Europe.
- Preparation of management accounts together with variance analysis against budget and underlying financial model for use by funders and shareholders, highlighting any departures from model thought to warrant further attention.
- Preparation of annual budgets for the individual companies and group.
- Periodic updates of project financial models and the running of sensitivities on these models on an ad-hoc basis.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts with consolidated accounts for the group where required.
- Coordinating the annual audit with the external auditors.
- Liaising with tax advisors on corporation tax compliance and VAT.
- Preparing corporation tax computations for review by external advisors.
- Preparation of technical accounting papers on key accounting issues and judgments'.
- Attending shareholders meeting acting as project or group accountant where required.
- Ensuring the projects tax affairs are managed efficiently with reference to the tax asset/liability of the wider group.
- Working closely with the bookkeeping and admin team to ensure that all project expenditure is properly recorded and authorised and that all income is timeously and accurately invoiced and received.
- Dealing with the day-to-day requirements of the funders and ensuring that all requirements laid out in the facility agreement are met.
- Reviewing all relevant agreements of the project bible ensuring that all costs and income generated are in accordance with the terms of the individual agreements.
- Liaising with the fund managers/project's lawyer to ensure that any areas of uncertainty thrown up by the bible review are clarified as soon as possible from the date of adopting the project.
- On going forecasting to ensure that the financial impact of any development at project level can be rapidly assessed and escalated to the fund managers.
- Dealing with all adhoc requests of the fund managers.
- Dealing with all parties involved in the project in both the construction and operational phase, establishing a close working relationship helping to ensure the smooth operation of the projects day to day activities.
- To act as a general supporting resource to the line manager in ensuring that the accounting and financial control measures adopted by the company are of an acceptably high standard.
- Any other tasks that the line manager may request of the job holder from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be newly qualified ACCA/ICAS qualified, an excellent communicator and well organised.
What's on Offer
Progression opportunities and an excellent salary are available to the successful candidate and the chance to work for a very busy, highly successful business.