£40,000 - £50,000
Supporting the family owners in scaling the business.
Providing insight, management information and commercial recommendations.
About Our Client
A well known and established family owned business based in Clacton.
- Responsible for month end duties, ensuring the team meets reporting deadlines dictated by exec team.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounts/departmental reporting along with supporting variance analysis.
- Full preparation of board packs and drafting commentary.
- Oversight of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable function.
- Preparation of VAT Returns, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat Filings.
- Oversight of Corporate Tax filings and tax planning exercises.
- In house lead on all payroll and pension matters, working closely with outsourced payroll bureau, Human Resources and Operations.
- Supporting the partnering efforts of the project accountant with Sales and Operations to ensure back-office information is accurate and timely.
- Collation and presentation of monthly forecast information.
- Point of contact for both internal and external auditors.
- Identifying continual improvements to internal controls, policies and processes.
- Mentor, challenge and grow the existing team.
- Assist with the annual business planning process and continual evolvement of the 3 and 5 year strategy.
The Successful Applicant
- Either ACA/CIMA, ACCA qualified or QBE
- Previous experience as a finance manager or senior finance professional in an environment of high growth
- People management experience
- Strong excel abilities (use of Macro's and VBA desirable)
- Experience of Sage.
- Project Accounting Experience would be useful.
- Familiarity with the retail / leisure industry would be desirable.
- Track record in an owner managed business.
- Demonstrable experience working with non-finance staff.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £50,000