The Henry Smith Charity
All-round role with key responsibilities across the charity
About Our Client
The Henry Smith Charity is an independent grant making trust that distributed over £32 million in 2019. The Charity was founded in 1628 by Henry Smith, a businessman working in the City of London. Since then, we have honoured the spirit of Henry Smith's will, working to combat disadvantage and meet the challenges and opportunities facing people in need throughout the UK
The Henry Smith Charity aims to bring about lasting change to people's lives, helping them to benefit from and contribute to society. We achieve this by funding organisations, typically small or medium sized, that work with people to reduce social and economic disadvantage.
We want to help people for whom other sources of support have failed, been inappropriate or are simply not available.
- Financial management and reporting, including management accounting, budgeting and forecasting and annual accounts
- Investment and Property Administration and Accounting, including regular liaison with the charity's custodian, investment advisor and property agents
- Maintaining and improving the charity's finance and investment systems
- Working closely with the Head of Finance and Resources to support all committee meetings, including the provision of detailed finance information and analysis. Deputise for the Head of Finance and Resources when necessary
- Ensure regular oversight of cash levels and cashflows, so that appropriate levels of funds are available to support day to day activities.
- Ensure an appropriate framework for financial control is in place in the Charity and update and develop procedures as appropriate.
- Line management of the finance officer
The Successful Applicant
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with a strong understanding of financial and management accounting that can be evidenced through experience. An understanding of investment accounting and working with investment funds would be highly beneficial. In addition, you will need to be a strong communicator and able to liaise effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
What's on Offer
- Salary: £55,000 to £58,000
- 10% Pension Contribution
- Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Annual Leave plus Christmas office closure
All applications will be reviewed by Joe Harris at Michael Page - 07725036373
Closing date - 20th July