- Great Opportunity to join a fast-paced business in a business partnering role
- Home Based (With travel around North West). £55k plus car allowance and bonus
About Our Client
My client has provided top quality food and catering supplies to the food service industry for more than 60 years.
The company now employs more than 6,500 people and has the most extensive range of own brand products in food service. They are a responsible business and sustainability is at the heart of how they operate.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Support and challenge the Supply Chain team in the formulation and delivery of plans and financial targets for Operations
- Provide the depot and regional teams with sound financial analysis and guidance in order to manage their business effectively and to control/reduce costs/CPC
- Collate, prepare and interpret reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements. Ensuring timely insight is provided for corrective action as necessary
- Manage P&L, Balance sheet and month end process
- Co-ordinate the quarterly reforecast and Budget process providing detailed insight into any movements and analysis on KPI trends driving the numbers.
- Strike the balance between profitability and financial rigour
- Undertake strategic analysis to feed into the long-term financial plan
- Ad-hoc research into factors affecting performance including trend analysis, forecasting and review
- Attend meetings with regional and depot teams as necessary
- Develop and manage financial systems/models (e.g., SAP, BW)
- Carry out business modelling and risk assessments
- Draw causal effects of economic data on results and forecasts
- Supervise and develop direct reports
- Undertake cross functional work across Brakes
- Support ad-hoc projects and the compilation of business cases as needed
- Enthusiasm and tenacity to strive for continuous improvement
- Established history of adding value within a complex commercial environment
- Ability to take their technical capability and translate into simple language for non- finance colleagues
- Act on own initiative and be able to persuade senior management of the value and logic of business proposals
- Demonstrate resilience and ability to adapt quickly in order to deliver results when confronted with unforeseen work demands
- Must have results focused method of working and a strong desire to complete and succeed at all tasks as well as taking personal ownership for outputs
- High level of competency in accounting, financial analysis and modelling
- Ability to interact on complex data issues where there may be differing views
- Strong, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Maintain the highest possible professional and ethical standards at all times
- Confident communicating with and influencing demanding business partners including presenting information to senior stakeholders.
- Engages and motivates others to meet their objectives.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Qualified with several years PQE (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- The candidate should have previous experience of working in a fast-paced commercial environment with exposure to/detailed understanding of Supply Chain and logistics
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Excellent MS Excel experience
- Personal integrity and obvious gravitas
- Strong relationship builder
- Analytical thinking
- Strong Influencing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
- Advanced MS Office including Excel skills
- SAP / BW experience
- Project Management experience
- Working within Operations/Supply Chain Management finance function
- People management.
What's on Offer
Home based / hybrid working
Salary up to £55k plus £7000 car allowance and 15% bonus with stretch element up to 22.5%
A fast paced environment
A well established business with a strong culture and values