- Complete autonomy and number one responsibility.
- You will be a resourceful and innovative leader with a hands on approach.
About Our Client
Growing SME manufacturing business.
- Overseeing of Company Secretary duties, supported by company solicitors.
- Reporting of UK business performance.
- Overall responsibility for company cashflow.
- Overseeing budgets and performance against budgets / and detailed variance where needed.
- Supervision of the accounts team, which currently consists of a team of 3 people.
- Lead on the preparation of monthly accounts / reporting / uploading to group of monthly accounts, provide year end accounts, provide appropriate support and assistance to the organization's auditors and delivery of recommendations arising from the audit process.
- Ensure that the organization has in place robust, compliant financial systems and procedures and that these are adhered to by all staff.
- Ensure that all statutory returns are completed in a timely and effective manner, including those in relation to VAT, PAYE, NIC and Corporation Tax, and any relevant compliance dates are met.
- Co-ordinate the annual budgetary process in conjunction with department managers.
- Overall responsibility for banking arrangements.
- Oversee / initial preparation of the payroll function to ensure employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Preparation of vat returns and maintenance of import documentation from the EU.
- Responsibility for UK relevant insurance negotiations and renewals.
- Responsibility for pension management and negotiations with pensions broker.
- Responsibility for some ad-hoc supply / lease contracts.
- Maintenance of fixed asset schedules.
- Dealing with some property matters (rating valuations).
The Successful Applicant
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA Qualified would be preferable.
- Be highly organized, with an eye for detail and able to see the bigger picture.
- A track record of initiating, driving, developing, and implementing strategies and plans.
- Be fully conversant with UK accounting standards and financial reporting regulations.
- A proven track record of leading and inspiring teams to achieve and innovate.
- Ability to translate complex financial data and present this information clearly to stakeholders.
- A good knowledge of import procedures would be an advantage.
- A good knowledge of the construction industry and manufacturing would also be an advantage.
- Knowledge of company acquisitions would be beneficial.
- Excellent excel skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, benefits and flexible working.
Quote job ref
+44 121 634 6920