- Act as a business partner to other functions in order to help improve results
- You will be ready to take the step to manager with a manufacturing background.
About Our Client
Large listed manufacturing business.
- Mentor and contribute to the development of other Finance team members including goal setting and performance review.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and annual profit plan for 2 ledgers.
- Review variances to forecast and profit plan and provide explanations and advice to management on achieving targets.
- Maintain a strong control environment, within Finance and other functions. Co-ordinate monthly balance sheet reviews with finance team, SOX compliance and ensuring adherence to business policies within and outside of the Finance function in order to safeguard assets.
- Supervise month-end closing activities and ensure close is completed within deadlines whilst maintaining and improving the culture of no surprises and SOX compliance.
- Provide meaningful and on time financial reporting.
- Provide financial leadership and mentoring to other functions
- Ensure the standard costing system is accurately maintained and variances understood, drive operational performance improvements with cost information and results.
- Work in partnership with Shared Services in order to manage & improve processes in Working Capital Management.
- Ensure compliance to indirect tax rules & regulations including Customs Duty.
- Support Lean activities to ensure optimum efficiencies are achieved, cost out opportunities identified, and financial impact accurately recorded.
- Exert strong controls over inventory and E&O, including standard cost updates,physical inventory verification, periodic cycle counts, etc.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by the Plant Controller, Plant Manager and FED.
The Successful Applicant
- Chartered or Certified Accountant (CIMA)
- ERP Experience essential, MFG pro ideal
- Sound working knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of Corp, region/division, and plant reporting policies
- Technical capability to prepare, analyse and interpret financial and operational data/reports
- Superior analytical and thinking skills; Intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment including cost accounting exposure within an ERP system.
- Experience of working and communicating with shop floor and supply chain/manufacturing teams, this will include inventory, stock valuation and month end
- Experience of liaising with external consultancies in relation to tax, assisting auditors and taxation auditing
- Candidates will need some supervisory experience
- Day to day accounting experience regarding moth end, stock right offs, p&l reporting stock valuation
- Experience of Sox.
What's on Offer
Competitive package and benefits.
Quote job ref
+44 121 634 6920