- Great company culture and place to work
- Hybrid working on offer
About Our Client
The client is working in the renewable space and one of their projects that is now fully operational provides 40% of Scotland's energy, and they are now in the process of starting another project with a similar size.
The clients primary target markets are Europe, the United States and selected Asian markets, where most of the growth is expected to come.
- MANAGEMENT OF FINANCE DOCUMENTS: Working with the Project Finance Manager, maintain the Finance Documents and the relationships with the lending banks (both Senior Debt and Equity Bridge Loan), sponsors (Shareholder Loan) and hedging banks ensuring the project meets all of its obligations under the Finance Documents (approx.. 3,000 pages in total). The obligations include, but are not limited to, financing costs payment, reporting, negative/positive/information undertakings, etc. Full understanding of the Finance Documents and the project (not only finance aspect) is required, as well as frequent communication with all project staff and stakeholders in order to manage the Finance Documents.
- TREASURY: Working with the Accounting and Project Controls teams, manage day-to-day treasury work including, but not limited to, the project cash management, draw down from banks and sponsors (Senior Debt, Equity Bridge Loan, Shareholders Loan), hedge transactions and financing costs calculation (interest payment, commitment fees, agent fees, LC fees, hedging settlements, etc.) ensuring all numbers are accurate and paid or received on time. The project is a very complex project due to the split between generation and transmission assets required under the U.K. regulation, 11 Senior Debt Facilities provided by 17 commercial banks/1 public financial institution/1 export credit agency, 3 Equity Bridge Loans provided by 5 commercial banks, 2 Shareholders Loans, 3 hedges (IRS/Fx/CPI) provided by 16 hedging banks, 22 bank accounts, 3 currencies (GBP/EUR/USD), 6 EPCI packages, etc. that are all restricted by the Finance Documents. Therefore, in addition to fully understanding the Finance Documents and the wider Project, the successful candidate will also be required to work highly accurately to make sure that every single detail is correct. The successful candidate will be an advanced Excel user with a very wide knowledge of its functions and their practical applications.
- LENDER AND SPONSOR INTERFACE: The finance team will be the first point of contact with all of the banks and sponsors who provide debt and equity to the project. The main contacts at the banks are 2 agent banks for Senior Debt and 3 agent banks for Equity Bridge Loan. Sometimes it is required to communicate with the lenders' technical advisor and legal advisor. There is frequent communication with the agent banks to manage the Finance Documents. An Economics and Finance Committee is held every month where the project team updates its shareholders on project progress, issues and upcoming decisions. It is important to build a strong relationship with both sets of stakeholders and communicate in a professional way to help facilitate the flow of information and project decision making processes.
- PROJECT FINANCE SUPPORT: Support the work of the Project Finance Manager in all other aspects of the financing of the Project.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years experience working in a Finance, Accounting or other relevant position preferably within an infrastructure project.
Prior experience in the renewable energies space beneficial.
Strong treasury experience working with large complex projects.
What's on Offer
Strong overall benefits package
Opportunity to work with one of the most exciting renewable energy companies.