Financial Accountant - 6 month FTC
Fantastic opportunity to join an established Financial Services business
Independent role reporting to the Financial Controller
About Our Client
This London based Financial Accountant - 6 month FTC role is with a leading Financial Services organisation.
The successful candidate for this London based Financial Accountant - 6 month FTC will have the following responsibilities:
- Deliver timely and accurate financial reports in accordance with IFRS and local statutory requirements;
- Support the development of appropriate internal controls to ensure conformance and compliance
- Support Business Line Companies to establish and enhance their internal control and to deliver accounting due diligence service for potential investment opportunities;
- Ensure timely delivery of supporting information for internal and external audits;
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions;
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and proactively follow up any outstanding issues;
- Proactively support FX position reporting to Treasury team;
- Proactively manage intercompany/group reconciliations; and
- Provide guidance and support to business departments and regional corporate departments as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this London based Financial Accountant - 6 month FTC will have the following exposure:
- Qualified accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA or equivalent);
- Good Standard of Education (University Degree or equivalent).
- MS Office with advanced excel skills (pivot tables, v look-ups, sumifs and formulas): comfortable with working with large volume of data;
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrable knowledge of accounting treatments (UK GAAP and IFRS);
- Solid experience in Finance;
- Proven track record of driving process improvement;
- Experience in coaching and supporting junior staff.
What's on Offer
Great team and an excellent hands-on role.