- Highly reputable, exciting Challenger Bank with further growth plans
- Genuinely ethical environment, sensible work-life patterns
About Our Client
Highly reputable, exciting Challenger Bank with further growth plans
Genuinely ethical environment, sensible work-life patterns
Financial Accountant (Mortgages)
City of London location with 2 days/wk office--rest of wk at home option
Challenger Banking organisation - Retail BankThe Divisional Financial Control are responsible for business unit accounting and ensuring accuracy and integrity of financial results. They interact with numerous teams across the organisation providing technical support and operational advice. As a control function, a key focus is on continuous process and control improvements, collaborating with upstream functions to drive the right outcomes.
It is responsible for Mortgages, Asset Finance, Invoice Finance, Treasury and Savings divisional reporting.
We are a professional and judicious team; frequently exposed to highly sensitive Group data whilst delivering within a fast pace environment.
We are a high performing, high profile team. We have worked hard to establish ourselves as trusted advisors; providing the correct balance of knowledge and challenge which supports our business leaders to make the right decisions at difficult times.
The role of Financial Accountant - Mortgages is really important to us. It is a varied, interesting and exciting role which will suit a newly qualified accountant looking to join a very progressive organisation. Your key responsibility is to conduct financial accounting, reporting and controllership of the Mortgages business line. You will assist with all aspects of day to day and month end activities, and projects relating to finance and mortgages. A significant part of the role will be to assist in the development of processes and controls to drive enhancements in the control framework and efficiency.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our London office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Head of Financial Control - Mortgages, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
- Reviewing and approving trainee accountant outputs, providing guidance and feedback where necessary
- Preparing technical accounting entries such as Effective Interest Rates or Expected Credit Losses
- Peer review and challenge of accounting entries, technical papers and management reports
- Supporting period close activity, reviewing P&L and Balance Sheet positions to ensure accuracy and integrity
- Building relationships across the bank, ensuring business developments can be accounted for accurately and timely
- Identifying process improvements and owning them until conclusion
The Successful Applicant
Financial Accountant (Mortgages)
Challenger Banking organisation - Retail Bank
- Recently qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Relevant experience in a regulated financial services firm, preferably at a retail bank is essential
- Strong financial control and process improvement experience
- Knowledge of technical accounting requirements under IFRS
- Ability to react to changing requirements and adjust processes and approach
- Projects experience would be beneficial
What's on Offer
- Base from £50,000 to £60,000
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive bonus scheme