Long term contract role, Edinburgh
City centre based
About Our Client
Market leading organisation.
- Completion of month end accounting duties as assigned to the role, e.g.
- Prepare, review and/or post monthly accruals and prepayments
- Review and investigate significant costs and variances
- Analyse and ensure confirmation of inter-company balances
- Prepare monthly journal entries as required.
- Complete nominated monthly balance sheet account reconciliations in line with group deadlines.
- Prepare company reporting schedules for submission to group.
- Review AP and Cashier payments and authorise bank payments in line with corporate policy and controls.
- Assist in preparation of VAT returns
The Successful Applicant
- Ideally looking for a qualified Accountant - ICAS, ACCA, CIMA etc
- Excellent communicator with strong team building skills. Ability to coordinate both internal and external teams.
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP (with IFRS and US GAAP being desirable)
- Experienced in preparing UK statutory accounts
- Good understanding of ERP systems, ideally SAP
- Excellent Excel skills
What's on Offer
Strong package available for the successful Financial Accountant in Edinburgh