Perfect role for a newly qualified accountant
Great opportunity to work for the largest property development company in the UK
About Our Client
It is the largest commercial property development and investment company in the UK with offices based in a beautiful area in South West London. They believe in investing, understanding and building relationships with people.
The key responsibilities of the successful Financial Accountant will include:
- Production of monthly financial reports for presentation to senior management including analysis of actuals.
- Analysis of results to ensure accuracy and additionally to explain variances against Plan/ Forecast to Financial Reporting Manager for communication to senior management.
- Ensure that proper accounting records are produced and maintained to support reported results, including reconciliation and other control mechanisms. This will involve liaison with other members of the finance team responsible for production of these accounting records.
- Dealing with VAT returns
- Establishing appropriate accounting policies and practices and reviewing and updating process documentation regularly. Keeping abreast of technical accounting developments to ensure that the impact of changes are understood and applied on a timely basis.
- Liaison with External auditors to ensure that annual and interim financial audits are completed in a timely basis and with no surprises.
- Ad-hoc projects and tasks.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Financial Accountant will have:
- An ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification (or an international equivalent).
- Have experience in preparing financial accounts.
- Have an outstanding academic record with a strong numerical competence.
- Have a good understanding of accounting standards; including IFRS, FRS 102 and Companies Act requirements for financial statements.
- Must possess good general IT skills and be an advanced user of MS Excel.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and benefits package.